Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Is there a way to set multiple expressions in Cases for Email Flows in Architect?

Posted 11-21-2017 17:18

Im trying to create a bounce and junk filter but it looks like i have to do a case for every expression I want it to look for in a subject line?

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to set multiple expressions in Cases for Email Flows in Architect?

Posted 11-21-2017 17:24

"and" and "or" are supported in expressions. So you can do this as a single expression:

Contains(Email.Message.subject, "abc") or Contains(Email.Message.subject, "def")

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to set multiple expressions in Cases for Email Flows in Architect?

Posted 11-22-2017 17:06

Hi Melissa, thanks for this that helped. Am i able to use the expression window to mix expressions, for example, i want to use this function to search the subject and then the body of the email but cant find a way to do this and keep getting error message 'Contains' at position 1 : There is no implementation that accepts a parameter of type String.

• 4.  RE: Is there a way to set multiple expressions in Cases for Email Flows in Architect?

Posted 11-22-2017 17:21

Yes you can mix expressions. Each piece needs to evaluate to a boolean. Here's an example:

(Contains(Email.Message.subject, "abc") or Contains(Email.Message.subject, "def")) and Contains(Email.Message.body, "123")

This will return true if both:

1) the subject either "abc" or "def"

2) the body contains "123"

The error you're seeing means your Contains only has 1 parameter--check to see if you have a misplaced ). Otherwise if you paste your expression here I can help debug it.

• 5.  RE: Is there a way to set multiple expressions in Cases for Email Flows in Architect?

Posted 11-22-2017 17:32

This is what I have so far:

Contains(Email.Message.subject, "out of office") or  

Contains(Email.Message.subject, "free") or 

Contains(Email.Message.subject, "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)") or 

Contains(Email.Message.subject, "????") or 

Contains(Email.Message.body, "automated response")

Will this work? Also, Im unsure what this section means:

Evaluation Style

Take path of first case that returns True

Take path of first case that matches an expression

• 6.  RE: Is there a way to set multiple expressions in Cases for Email Flows in Architect?

Posted 11-22-2017 17:50

That looks good to me. Take path of first case that returns True does exactly what it says, it goes through the case from case 1 to the end and takes the 1st one who expression evaluates to true.

If you choose Take path of first case that matches an expression, you have to input an expression, and then the 1st case whose expression matches the value from that initial expression is taken. Here's a simple example where I take a case based on the length of the subject

• 7.  RE: Is there a way to set multiple expressions in Cases for Email Flows in Architect?

Posted 12-04-2017 16:52

Sorry my picture didn't upload. Here it is:screenshot

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources