Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

When I follow the steps to monitor a live call, it rings into the rep like I am calling them. It does not let me hear the call. What is wrong?

• 1.  When I follow the steps to monitor a live call, it rings into the rep like I am calling them. It does not let me hear the call. What is wrong?

Posted 11-16-2017 15:37

• 2.  RE: When I follow the steps to monitor a live call, it rings into the rep like I am calling them. It does not let me hear the call. What is wrong?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-17-2017 20:25

Hi John,

If you pick up the call that looks like it's coming from the rep, you'll be monitoring the call. That's expected behavior and happens with certain kinds of phones:

"When using a supported SIP phone the system automatically answers your phone, enabling the monitor session. When using a remote number or any phone provisioned externally to PureCloud, the phone will ring and require you to pick up to start the monitor session."

From https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/monitor-in-progress-interactions/

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources