Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to keep a customer on hold after a conference canceled by the 3rd member ?

Posted 11-15-2017 17:50

An agent has a call with a customer. When the agent starts a conference call with 3rd member, the 1st member is placed on hold. Fine.

If the 3rd member doesn’t want to participate to the call and hang up, the agent is immediately back on line with the customer. The agent has to place the call on hold again and try to join another participant.

The idea : Keep the customer on hold instead of giving back to the agent?

• 2.  RE: How to keep a customer on hold after a conference canceled by the 3rd member ?

Posted 11-29-2017 01:10

We need this enhancement as well. It's not a good experience for the caller, they get taken off hold thinking that they will be helped but instead are put on hold again as the agent looks for someone else to connect them to. Thanks.

• 3.  RE: How to keep a customer on hold after a conference canceled by the 3rd member ?

Posted 11-29-2017 12:18

Agree! But it is not always the case... Once I tried this function and the 1st member was still on hold after talking to 3th member.. Will try to simulate it again...

• 4.  RE: How to keep a customer on hold after a conference canceled by the 3rd member ?

Posted 12-13-2017 09:43

Do you mean that the 1st member was still on hold when the 3rd member hanged up before the conference has been joined by the agent ?

I'm not able to do it. Let me know how ?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources