Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Reply on e-mail interaction only contains the reply and does not include the original e-mail send by customer!? Is this a bug or a setting ?

• 1.  Reply on e-mail interaction only contains the reply and does not include the original e-mail send by customer!? Is this a bug or a setting ?

Posted 11-15-2017 10:46

• 2.  RE: Reply on e-mail interaction only contains the reply and does not include the original e-mail send by customer!? Is this a bug or a setting ?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-15-2017 22:00

Hello, Rogier,

The current functionality requires the agent to click on the ellipsis button for the original inbound email to appear in the reply. I have highlighted the button in the attached screenshot in red. I hope this answers your question. Thanks.

Sincerely,

David Siukola

• 3.  RE: Reply on e-mail interaction only contains the reply and does not include the original e-mail send by customer!? Is this a bug or a setting ?

Posted 11-16-2017 05:56

@Dave Siukola? , thanks for your quick reply. Since when is this? I tested e-mail a while back and at that time the user didn't need to press an extra button.

• 4.  RE: Reply on e-mail interaction only contains the reply and does not include the original e-mail send by customer!? Is this a bug or a setting ?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-16-2017 13:38

@Rogier Bosch? , I've been told from Product Management that it has always been this way on the agent side. The way the email gets displayed on the end customer side will vary by email client. Some clients show the history better than others. I've been associated with the email routing project within the past year, so my historical knowledge is limited.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources