Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  We have recently started outbound call campaigns and I am looking for information on how scheduled call backs work with a campaign.

Posted 11-03-2017 14:35

• 2.  RE: We have recently started outbound call campaigns and I am looking for information on how scheduled call backs work with a campaign.

GENESYS
    Posted 11-09-2017 20:59

Hello Amanda,

Here is some basic information about scheduled callbacks and how they work with campaigns. We are currently working on adding a documentation page for this. Once we have that I will link it to this comment.

There are 3 different ways you can schedule a callback that will relate to a campaign.

1. The agent can schedule a callback through the widget while they are on a call with a customer or in after call work.
    2. The agent can schedule a callback through a script while they are on a call with a customer or in after call work.
    3. Call rule sets can have an action of "schedule a callback" for a relative time in the future after wrap up.

The agent scheduling the callback through the script or the widget next to the after call work are effectively the same thing. No matter if the campaign is preview or a non-preview like power when the callback comes due it will not run through call analysis before going to the agent. It will be presented similarly to a preview call. When the agent goes to place the call we will still run dialer checks that are associated to the campaign (dnc blocking, zone blocking, contact callable status, ect) and block the call from being placed if it would be blocked for the campaign. One thing to note with this approach is that the campaign is not aware of the outstanding callback and will continue to place calls to the contact unless you prevent it someone with a filter.

You can also use a campaign call rule action to schedule a callback based on some wrap up condition. If the campaign is power or some other non-preview campaign then when the callback is due it will run call analysis before transferring the call to the agent. These are the same in that when the agent goes to place the call or the system places it for non-preview we will run through all the regular checks of that campaign (dnc blocking, zone blocking, contact callable, ect) and dis-allow the call from being placed if any of those conditions are met. If you recycle the campaign the contact can be redialed even if there is an outstanding callback.

So, that is a lot of information that may or may not answer your question. Let me know if you have questions about specific cases and I would be happy to answer.

Thanks,

Caitlin Kaphaem

Outbound Lead Software Engineer

• 3.  RE: We have recently started outbound call campaigns and I am looking for information on how scheduled call backs work with a campaign.

Posted 11-10-2017 18:36

Caitlin,

How would we prevent the # from being called back PRIOR to the scheduled callback? That's the challenge I face today... we use Outbound Campaigns full time and we recycle through our campaign list every few days... so if a customer requests a call back next week, they end up getting called back too early.

• 4.  RE: We have recently started outbound call campaigns and I am looking for information on how scheduled call backs work with a campaign.

GENESYS
    Posted 11-10-2017 18:47

Michael,

That is a good question. We have had that come up a few times. The work-around right now is to use contact list filters. They will run against contacts on the campaign recycle but they will not limit scheduled callbacks. Here is an example:

Agent schedules a callback and wraps up the call with WrapUpCodeA.

Set up a wrap-up call rule on the campaign that will say if last agent wrap up was WrapUpCodeA then set a field on a contact list column.

Then set up a contact list filter for the campaign that filters out contacts with that field set.

When the scheduled callback comes due there would have to be another rule to un-mark the field and allow it to dial on the campaign again.

All that being said that would require your wrap-up to correspond with scheduling a callback always. Would that work in your use case?

Thanks,

Caitlin

• 5.  RE: We have recently started outbound call campaigns and I am looking for information on how scheduled call backs work with a campaign.

Posted 11-10-2017 18:55

Yes, that could work. Sounds like I need to do the following... please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Add a column to my Contact List that will contain maybe a "0".
    2. Add a POST CALL rule to increment that column by 1 if the wrap up code "Call Back Scheduled" is selected during Post Call.
    3. Create a Contact List Filter to filter out all calls with a "1" in that specific column.
    4. Add a PRE CALL rule to decrement that column by by 1 so that the column now becomes a "0" and no longer applies to the filter.

That sounds fine, but how will the system know to apply the pre call rule for the scheduled call back and not just for the next time the phone # comes up in the campaign? I think I'm missing a step here.

• 6.  RE: We have recently started outbound call campaigns and I am looking for information on how scheduled call backs work with a campaign.

GENESYS
    Posted 11-13-2017 14:05

Michael,

Yes that is correct and should work. When a campaign has a contact that is filtered out at the beginning because of a contact list filter it won't run pre call rules on it. So that pre call rule in step #4 won't be run until the scheduled callback comes in.

Thanks,

Caitlin

• 7.  RE: We have recently started outbound call campaigns and I am looking for information on how scheduled call backs work with a campaign.

GENESYS
    Posted 12-13-2017 14:29

Callbacks in campaigns: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/callbacks-in-campaigns/ is now available in the Resource Center.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources