Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Recording policy with % filtering criteria

Posted 10-26-2017 10:06

One of our customer wants to keep 100% of call recordings if they have a specific wrapup code, and only 50% of other recordings, for 3 months.

I don't think this is achievable given the existing filtering criteria.

Any idea ?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Recording policy with % filtering criteria

GENESYS
    Posted 10-26-2017 13:51

Yes, that's correct. You can do the first half (keep 100% of recordings with a specific wrapup), but there is not a way to discard a percentage of recordings.

• 3.  RE: Recording policy with % filtering criteria

Posted 10-26-2017 15:51

You could consider adding some additional criteria around those "other" recordings that you want to keep for 3 months - additional wrap-up codes? All wrap up codes? calls longer than x minutes?

• 4.  RE: Recording policy with % filtering criteria

Posted 10-26-2017 16:03

Yes. Thanks for your answers.

We can also only keep the recordings that took place on specific days representing around 50% of the volume, but that's only workarounds.

Too bad we can't specific strategies using %.

Achieving the 50% of calls being recorded could be achieved in the callflow, but because at the same time we need to record 100% of the calls that ends up as sales (for proof), we have to record all calls and do the filtering afterward based on the wrapup code.

• 5.  RE: Recording policy with % filtering criteria

Posted 10-26-2017 16:33

To make sure I understand your needs on this

• You need a policy to retain all calls with a specific wrap- up (i.e. Sale) code for some defined period of time.
      • This can be done today
    • For all other calls without the defined wrap-up code (i.e. Sale) - you need to retain calls that occurred on specific days.
      • This can be done today adding criteria of Time Sets in the policy. It allows you to specify certain days of the week and times.
    • Of those calls that were not a sale - you need to retain only 50% of those that occurred on certain days? Cannot be done today.
      • So you need the ability to delete 50% of call recordings - from certain days - that were not a sale?
      • Also to help me better understand your use case would you be able to share the reasoning for only specific days and the 50%?

• 6.  RE: Recording policy with % filtering criteria

Posted 10-26-2017 16:44

Sorry for not being clear enough.

The actual requirement is:

• record all calls (we don't know upfront if the call will be a sale or not)
    • keep recordings for 1 year for calls that ends up being sales. Recordings are kept for legal reason.
    • for all other calls, only keep 50% of the recordings, for 3 months. Those are for training / QM purpose.

I just mentioned filtering on days of the week as another workaround to only keep 50% of recordings, assuming calls are evenly happening thru the week.

• 7.  RE: Recording policy with % filtering criteria

Posted 10-26-2017 18:13

I actually think that the policies as they are today should be able to meet your needs without the use of %.

When you have recording turned on - PureCloud records all calls and you use the policies to specify what you want to retain. So in your use case - a policy indicating to retain calls with the Sale wrap-up code for 1 yr. Those will be retained to meet your legal requirements.

Then another policy or policies - perhaps adding some of the day/time specifics for your QM/training needs to retain calls for 3 mo.. These retained calls could include those with the Sale wrap-up code as well as other calls. Although this results in a policy overlap for the calls with the Sale wrap-up code,  PureCloud defaults to the policy that retains recordings. So example, when one policy retains a recording, but another deletes it, PureCloud keeps the recording by default.

In your case - that means that the calls with a sale are retained for a yr - all others for 3 mo.

For your QM needs - you can also add evaluation criteria to the policies to assign some of the calls for evaluation - such as the calls you retain for 3 mo.

Does that help?

• 8.  RE: Recording policy with % filtering criteria

Posted 10-27-2017 07:55

Thanks Lesley, it does help.

I think that between the recording and evaluation policies, we'll achieve what's needed.

Thanks for your time.

• 9.  RE: Recording policy with % filtering criteria

Posted 10-27-2017 21:23

Great! And you're very welcome.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources