Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

How to clear a stuck interaction?

• 1.  How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 10-19-2017 14:11

I have an agent with an interaction that has been running for 168 hours + now. Logging out and back in does not help.

Is there any way to clear an Agents interactions?

• 2.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 10-19-2017 14:52

I suggest to you to open a new service request to Genesys support , including conversations ID involved

Stefano

• 3.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 10-19-2017 15:39

Hi Victor,

yes I agree with you.

Do the troubleshooting on Pure Cloud is quite impossible to do.

You have only access on Softphone/WebRTC/Edges logs but you cannot do so much.

Bye

Stefano

• 4.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 03-08-2018 03:53
    Dear All

I facing the same issue and <g class="gr_ gr_69 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="69" data-gr-id="69">i</g> didn't know how to solve it 
    Did anyone of you have any solution for this issue?
    anyone call Genesys and give him a solution?

And the important question what type of you edge servers?
    as I think there is a problem in the type of the Edge server, I had a virtional Edge server and you?

------------------------------
    Andrew Adel
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 5.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 01-10-2018 03:11

Hi all,

We are having the same issue here: some agents appear to be interacting for 4988 hours!

It is impacting the live board that we have built to follow the status of the agents (waiting, talking, wrapping, on break...).

Do we really have to open a ticket to Purecloud every time it happens? It does not seem to be a sustainable solution.

I have heard that there is a fix ongoing. Anybody has the reference number?

Thanks, Aud

• 6.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 01-10-2018 08:18

Try disconnect the interaction with postman and the API

/api/v2/conversations/calls/{conversationId}

Update a conversation by setting it's recording state, merging in other conversations to create a conference, or disconnecting all of the participants

state

(string): The conversation's state: disconnected

• 7.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 01-10-2018 08:21

Yes, admin tasks should be in PureCloud.

For the time being with the API and Postman you can do a lot of troubleshooting. Helps me a lot.

• 8.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 01-11-2018 00:06

Great to see so many sharing the same frustration. I had a recent issue whereby 2 interactions went on for 2 days. Having Admin ability to resolve these would be hugely advantageous.

• 9.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 02-20-2018 21:58

I just had two agents get stuck on wrap up causing queues to remain open instead of sending to voicemail. Looks like this issue has been around for over a year now. Anyone figured out a way to address this?

• 10.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 02-21-2018 01:29
    I tried the API but I got access denied. Only manage to remove the wrapup but the interaction was still ongoing. Went through all possible API’s yesterday and non of them could disconnect the interaction. Tim Smith from the Developer Community also verifies that it has to be done by them. Only way for me to solve this is to create a temporary account for that user. Which breaks our IT policy.

• 11.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 02-21-2018 09:32

My issue seems to have stemmed from new agents not completing after call work so we've set the queue to allow for 15 mins and then after call work is closed automatically. I would prefer to see that if an agent goes offline all interactions / after call work be completed with some default status.

I'll update if that doesn't address my issue.

• 12.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 02-21-2018 13:36

I agree with all, not only does this pose a problem but also throws out Agent/Queue reports as well. There is certainly a good case to have an admin function  to deal with "Rogue Interactions"?

• 13.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 02-22-2018 02:58

This has been an issue for a while now, lets hope they will give access for us to remove it ourself.

• 14.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 02-22-2018 20:35

We need this too! It would save everyone a lot of time if we didn't have to open a case every time we need to clear out a stuck interaction.

• 15.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 03-01-2018 09:25

Hi All,

This has been an issue on our side as well. It's really getting frustrated as Genesys is not taking this serious and not responding to any case.

I believe this might be related to a software bug on the edges.

Yesterday we did a downgrade to version 1.0.0.6806. I believe version is most stable. We did try upgrading to 6868 and 6906. Often the problem starts with only one agent,- followed by multiple agents.

Logging has been captured from the edge (using lcd display and usb stick). I did this over 5 times!

Together with our partner, we tried to contact Genesys and asked them urgently to start investigating and clear those interactions. Mostly Genesys is responding like:

• we couldn't find the interaction (72 hours after reporting, because the interaction will clear it self)
    • will investigate those logging but no cause could be find
    • not responding at all

I'm glad to see we are not the only customer with those issues.

Can anybody let me know which Edge versions you are running? Try downgrading to 1.0.0.6806.

And last but not least, give me a damn button so I can clear the interactions myself.

Thanks.

• 16.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 05-31-2018 09:07
    Hi all,

I have an update from our side.
    After long investigation from both our end, our reseller and Genesys,- we found out that a 'memory' issue (hardware related) on one of our Edge mini's was causing unexpected behavior. 

After taking this edge out production (2 left) we did not had any issues.
    Replaced the broken edge for a new one,- problem solved!

Took a long time and several error reports before they replaced the edge :(

Christian Ropertz
    Dealerdirect B.V.

• 17.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 03-01-2018 15:09

Im using full purecloud with no edge devices (just the default one they maintain in AWS) but imagine its running the same (or similar) code base to onprem edge devices.

• 18.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 03-01-2018 21:38

Hi all,

To answer Christian's question: we are using version 1.0.0.6868.

I there a way we could raise a common ticket, showing Genesys that a lot of their clients really need this button?

I am happy to initiate it, if you wish to share your details with me.

Your thoughts?

• 19.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 03-01-2018 21:57

Keen to support this as it impacts on our reporting, I also believe it can lock out a call line.

We run 2 EDGE servers both currently on 1.0.0.68.68??

• 20.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 03-01-2018 22:39

Ok - if you want to support the common change request, please drop me an e-mail to aude.cozens@employsure.com.au . I will send them the request at the end of next week. The more e-mails I get, the more weight our request will have!

• 21.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 03-01-2018 23:42

Count us in as well. We have 6 Edge Servers on premise across 3 locations on 1.0.0.6868.

• 22.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 03-02-2018 12:09

Hi Aude, I just sent you an email. If you want to raise a shared ticket, you will have my vote.

@Altaf Gosla? , did you try downgrading to version 1.0.0.6806? If possible, please try so. We are running this version now for day 2, still no issues. Please let me know.

• 23.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 03-02-2018 18:52

@Christian Ropertz?  Unfortunately, it's not really viable for us to downgrade - there were fixed included in some of the newer versions that we really need. We have also pretty consistently had stuck interactions every few weeks on various versions. As everyone has stated, we just really need a way to clear these out on our own.

• 24.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 03-28-2018 18:46
    Since last Tuesday's outage, we've had 8 stuck interactions.

+1 for ability to self-clear stuck interactions rather than putting tickets in.

Nathan Friesen
    BigSteelBox

• 25.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

GENESYS
    Posted 04-13-2018 14:31

Genesys acknowledges that we have interactions that cannot be disconnected by an agent (stuck interactions). These can occur from a bug, missing disconnect events, or a wrap up code not being assigned.  

Our Development team is working through platform improvements to eliminate stuck interactions from occurring. Our current procedure to have a stuck interaction cleared is to contact our customer care team.  We understand this is time consuming and takes time to get processed.  This is unacceptable.  

As an interim solution that is available now, we have added a new Admin Screen in which a system administrator can request a conversationID to be force disconnected. The new Admin Screen is under Admin -> Routing (see attachments).   This functionality will disconnect any active media and sets wrap-up to participants that don't have wrap-up yet (ININ-WRAP-UP-DELETED is the wrap-up code that will be applied).  We will keep this functionality in place until we are no longer seeing stuck interactions for our customers.

The force disconnect functionality requires a minimum Edge Version of 7020 (which was set to auto update on 4/11 in all regions). If an interaction doesn't disconnect after using the new tool, please open a customer care ticket via the portal, and include the conversation ID, and our team will review the interaction.

The new force disconnect functionality will initially be available to customers who request this to be enabled in their organization. The request to get this enabled can be submitted to Customer Care by submitting a case via the customer portal and asking for the new tool to disconnect interactions.

Anytime the force disconnect is used, development teams will have additional information to fix this issue.   We apologize for the inconvenience while we work through this issue, and appreciate your patience.

Duke Snyder
    Genesys

• 26.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 04-15-2018 20:28
    Hey, 

I do not have this in my admin panel;

The new Admin Screen is under Admin -> Routing (see attachments)

No Routing heading at all - Edges are all upgraded to the latest software -

Lawrence Drayton
    OVO Mobile (My Mobile Data)

• 27.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 04-16-2018 02:55
    I have the same issue.
    There is no "Routing" menu under Admin.

I have tried different orgs and different browsers.

Patrick Giørtz
    Atea AS

• 28.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 04-16-2018 02:52
    Hi "God of TS" ;-)

I try to figure out why I cant see this Routing tab in my organization. Some time ago it was viewable but without any option in this Routing category tab. I had to try refresh cookies and use Incognito mode. 

Should we enable it somehow?

Rafal Gaworski
    Telefonix Sp. Z o.o

• 29.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

GENESYS
    Posted 04-16-2018 08:44
    Did you contact Customer Care and request the functionality be added to your org, as Duke directed?

"The new force disconnect functionality will initially be available to customers who request this to be enabled in their organization. The request to get this enabled can be submitted to Customer Care by submitting a case via the customer portal and asking for the new tool to disconnect interactions."

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 30.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

GENESYS
    Posted 04-16-2018 17:47
    As George said, we did not automatically enable the force disconnect UI for all organizations.  Please contact support and they can enable this UI.      Once support enables the UI, it takes about 10 minutes and a browser refresh before the new UI can be viewed and used.

Duke Snyder
    Genesys

• 31.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 04-17-2018 04:00
    I will ask for it.

Does Genesys plan share with Partners some details information what we can be enabled to PureCloud as a support request? Right now about two features SMS routing and above one. 

Thx.

Rafal Gaworski
    Telefonix Sp. Z o.o

• 32.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 04-17-2018 09:45
    Have requested access to this force disconnect feature, waiting for support to add it to our organisations.

Am a little surprised that after all of this time we are only being provided a work around.  While we don't have to go to customer care now our customers will still experience this issue and we will still have the workload of clearing these.

Is there any update on solving this issue properly?

• 33.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

GENESYS
    Posted 04-17-2018 11:54
    Edited by Duke Snyder 04-17-2018 11:57
    Update:  So far the UI has been used to force disconnect 6 stuck interactions.    There are many internal meetings about this issue.     Our plan is two fold:   1) get the UI available to temporary fix the issue (done), and 2) everyday do through each usage of the UI and fix the underlying issue why the interaction is stuck.    The 6 stuck interactions are being debugged today.

Duke Snyder
    Genesys

• 34.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 05-16-2018 03:23
    This new tool works well.
    I have used it to clear loads of interactions.

But have noticed this at the bottom of the page.
    "* This tool is offered temporarily and may be removed without notice"

Are you planning on removing it in the future, if so why?

Patrick Giortz
    Atea AS

• 35.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-17-2018 11:20
    Ultimately, our goal is for the tool to not be needed at all as interactions should not get stuck. We are working through several different fixes that will prevent interactions from getting stuck and while we are working through that, the admin tool serves as a self-service option to disconnect stuck interactions.

We are not planning to remove the tool while we work through the issues.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 36.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 05-17-2018 12:23
    Have used the new tool once.  It was for an email interaction that was stuck for over 16 days.  When I used the tool, it removed the interaction from the Queues/Activity "Waiting" area, however the "Interaction" count at the top of Queues/Activity still showed 1.  I ultimately had to contact support to have the "Interactions" number reset to 0.  Any insight?

Brandon Wilch

• 37.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-18-2018 15:02
    Thank for for the feedback.

Generally speaking, we have various fixes in progress to address the issues customers are seeing with stuck interactions. There are about 5-6 various categories of issues we are seeing.

Specifically, @Brandon Wilch we know what is causing the counter to be off for the email interaction that got disconnected. We have some longer term fixes planned for this. Unfortunately, you would have to contact support to get the counter cleared while we work through these issues.

Regarding the stuck call issues -  I checked on your specific cases @Patrick Rada and we have a fix that is planned to be deployed to production over the weekend and this should significantly reduce the number of stuck calls you are seeing. We'll keep you updated if the deployment gets postponed. There is another reason why calls can get stuck in this fashion and the fix for that is in progress. In addition, we are working through changes that would still allow the admin disconnect tool to work in the event that the call does get stuck - these changes will be deployed as part of a future edge build.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 38.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 05-17-2018 14:52
    Unfortunately, for 99.9% of the stuck calls we experience, the "tool" proudly reports that it has resolved the issue, but it is clear from the client's screen that nothing has changed. It has worked a grand total of possibly twice, definitely no more than five times. Every other instance we've had to engage Genesys support to clear the interaction (15 of the last 15 stuck interactions). We're averaging 0.92 stuck calls every day this month. It's a tad ridiculous and disrupting as it jams up queue handling.

Patrick Rada

• 39.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 11-22-2018 15:56
    Edited by Sven Schiller 11-22-2018 15:56
    We are currently also dealing with stuck interactions that the tool does not clear, even though it reports that the interactions were deleted and even sets the status to ININ-WRAP-UP-DELETED. Some agents apparently cannot make outgoing calls. We are on the latest Edge firmware. Opening a ticket with support...

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 40.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 11-22-2018 16:39
    Looks like a reboot of the edge resolved our issue with stuck interactions and also agents unable to call out. I took our second edge out of service and noticed that there is a huge number of calls to be drained. This is a mini-edge, and if we have at most 10% of those calls (total 17) going on simultaneous between our two edges.

As you can see, it reports only 1 outbound call:
    Seems that the edge firmware is not working correctly closing calls. Will reboot this edge also once the outbound call completes.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 41.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 11-23-2018 03:33
    Similarly had the same experience on the same version as Sven. Have never seen this before the latest update - additionally <g class="gr_ gr_92 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" id="92" data-gr-id="92">though</g> the calls do not drain and I have to force a restart and when the Edge returns you cannot put the Edge in service as the "Put Edge in Service" is greyed out until you hit restart Edge (again....  then wait another 10 minutes. :-))... Anyhow have documented all the this and sent an advisory ticket to support.

Matt Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

• 42.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 11-24-2018 07:24
    I'm doing some more tests, but I think it is related to an Edge having less SIP channels allocated by the provider than the trunk supports. For us, the available SIP channels have to be split between two edges. Currently, one edge has all channels and the other none (the extreme case). We have asked the provider to setup load balancing with a 50-50 distribution of SIP channels. If an edge tries to make more outgoing calls than configured by the provider, the call attempt is rejected, and the second edge handles it.
    I'll report back my findings in a few days.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 43.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 11-28-2018 03:59
    I'm experiencing this issue as well. Growing numbers of stuck interactions that the tool can't disconnect.
    I updated and rebooted the edges last week, but it did not help.

Feels like we are back at the start again.

Patrick Giortz
    Sopra Steria AS Norway

• 44.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 12-04-2018 13:32
    I tried to reproduce the issue (downgraded the edge firmware, ran with one edge out of service, etc.), but it didn't occur again. If it does I'll report back, but for now we are good.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 45.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 12-05-2018 03:01
    Hi Sven... I really think you are on to something here my gut feeling though is that our active Edge is forcing outbound calls to our passive Edge creating "Ghost" interactions so will pursue support for a diagnostic on what is occurring. will let you know what support come back with.

Matt Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

• 46.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 11-05-2021 12:21
    Years later, and we're experiencing this same exact issue with no resolution in sight. We're only a month into our implementation and I've now opened multiple Cases to have dozens of interactions disconnected by Genesys Support that I cannot disconnect using the Admin > Disconnect Interactions feature. My questions to support were:

• Is there any way to escalate this issue as it is not only inconvenient but also extremely misleading when it happens?
    • Is there a bug fix coming?
    • Is there a better way to see all stuck interactions at once without going through dozens (and eventually over a hundred) individual queues and clicking on each interaction to get the Conversation ID?
    • Is there no job that can run on your side that can look for stuck interactions and clear them out nightly?

Brian Jones
    Ascension Health – IS, Inc.

• 47.  RE: How to clear a stuck interaction?

Posted 01-21-2022 12:27
    There is a request in the Ideas Lab for Stuck interaction reporting https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ANLS-I-44

If there are enough votes, it may go into production

Eric Allen
    Vervent, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources