Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Form an expression that sets the Queue

Posted 09-07-2017 15:53

Hello,

First of all: I have very little experience in programming.

I want to accomplish following:

In an In-Queue Call Flow:

Transfer to ACD

Queue: the current queue (the queue where the call is in at that moment)

I've tried lot's of things, but none seem to work.

In the Resource center the built-in variable Call.CurrentQueue is mentioned. But this variable can not be chosen as a value for the Queue, it seems that Call.CurrentQueue is not existing.

• 2.  RE: Form an expression that sets the Queue

Posted 09-08-2017 08:42

Hi Quant ICT,

I have the same issue, probably Genesys didn't release it yet.

I've found an alternative way, but I need to test it :

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/convert-string-value-typed-value/

It talks about string collection, but I don't know if you can use the string returned as variable into the TRANSFER TO ACD.

If yes,So you can create with an UPDATE DATA a variable with "TASK.QUEUENAME" and then , try to transfer the call to this variable.

Did you already try it?

Bye

Stefano

• 3.  RE: Form an expression that sets the Queue

Posted 09-08-2017 08:54

Hello Stefano,

I tried this already, without success. Because indeed, you can't use the string as a variable in TRANSFER TO ACD. But as I said, I don't have much programmig experience, so I was wondering if maybe I did something wrong.

But since I can configure a callback variable which can be used as the callback number, I guess it is just not possible yet to create and use a queue variable.

Regards

Steven

• 4.  RE: Form an expression that sets the Queue

Posted 09-28-2017 06:56

Released yesterday?

• 5.  RE: Form an expression that sets the Queue

Posted 09-28-2017 14:13

Yes, i saw it.

The goal as to create one flow for different queues, but I already configured a flow for every queue.

So until there's a new flow to be configured, i won't be trying out the variable :-)

• 6.  RE: Form an expression that sets the Queue

Posted 09-29-2017 18:38

Hi Quant ICT,

Sorry, the help doc got released before the actual feature. The feature is now available; I checked your scenario of using Call.CurrentQueue as the transfer target and it will succeed.

As for Stefano's suggestion of using parallel arrays-that also works. The 1st collection will be of Strings, but the 2nd collection needs to be of type Queue so the result of

If(FindFirst(Task.QueueNames, Task.QueueNameStr)!=-1, Task.Queues[FindFirst(Task.QueueNames, Task.QueueNameStr)], Task.DefaultQueue)

will return a Queue that can be used as the transfer target.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources