Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  We have external contacts loaded in our Purecloud directory. We can call them, however, we are not able to consult or transfer callers to external contacts. How can this be corrected?

Posted 08-16-2017 18:26

• 2.  RE: We have external contacts loaded in our Purecloud directory. We can call them, however, we are not able to consult or transfer callers to external contacts. How can this be corrected?

Posted 08-17-2017 02:59

As per my knowledge consult and transfer only possible with in the system, but you can do the conference.

• 3.  RE: We have external contacts loaded in our Purecloud directory. We can call them, however, we are not able to consult or transfer callers to external contacts. How can this be corrected?

Posted 08-21-2017 14:47

Hello Bryan,

First, check that you are using the new "External Contacts" feature instead of the old one that it replaces. If you put your contacts into the old one, then blind transfer will not work. Here is an article on help.mypurecloud.com explaining how to access each of them:

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/two-external-contacts-features/

Once you know you are using the correct one, check that your agent has the necessary "externalcontacts:contact:view" permission (it is typically granted by the "PureCloud User" default role). If they do, then you should see section of results under the heading "External Contacts" when the agent performs a search while doing a transfer. You can see what that looks like in the UI here:

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/transfer-voice-interaction/

I hope this helps! Please let me know whether you are able to get it working.

• 4.  RE: We have external contacts loaded in our Purecloud directory. We can call them, however, we are not able to consult or transfer callers to external contacts. How can this be corrected?

Posted 08-21-2017 17:22

Thanks Andrew. I will give this a try.

• 5.  RE: We have external contacts loaded in our Purecloud directory. We can call them, however, we are not able to consult or transfer callers to external contacts. How can this be corrected?

Posted 08-22-2017 18:11

Hi Andrew. I tried reloading and says it was successful, check admin bridge integrations for results. They never show up in external contacts. I checked the sample setup file and it's totally different than what I previously loaded in the directory. Any way to give Purecloud the ability to load different csv files for this? Here are the examples for the imports.

• 6.  RE: We have external contacts loaded in our Purecloud directory. We can call them, however, we are not able to consult or transfer callers to external contacts. How can this be corrected?

Posted 08-22-2017 18:12

This file would be so much easier to load.

• 7.  RE: We have external contacts loaded in our Purecloud directory. We can call them, however, we are not able to consult or transfer callers to external contacts. How can this be corrected?

Posted 08-25-2017 12:31

If the spreadsheet loads and says it succeeded, but no contacts were loaded then I would recommend reaching out to support.

You should be able to skip any columns in the more complicated spreadsheet. The new spreadsheet does provide a lot more functionality, but you don't need to take advantage of it. For example, you can have multiple phone numbers or email addresses per contact as is typical, or you separate out first name and last name, which is very useful down the line if you'd like to auto-populate any email auto-responses or canned responses or later survey invites.

• 8.  RE: We have external contacts loaded in our Purecloud directory. We can call them, however, we are not able to consult or transfer callers to external contacts. How can this be corrected?

Posted 08-25-2017 13:38

I have to say this external contact import is being very difficult. We adjusted the bulk import to match what the example shows, now it shows all of the organizations are loaded, but not any of the contacts for each org. not sure why it left off importing the 1st portion of the information. Please helppurecloudexternal contacts issue

• 9.  RE: We have external contacts loaded in our Purecloud directory. We can call them, however, we are not able to consult or transfer callers to external contacts. How can this be corrected?

Posted 09-07-2017 02:15

I agree with with comments here. We are not getting good results when importing contacts using the supplied template. The biggest issue is the lack of support for recognizing local numbers. We just did a sample run and had to edit the test records so that it recognized NZ as it defaulted to US. It also failed to add one test number which is odd considering the simplicity of it. Before i go about importing 500+ contacts I would be keen to hear all the good | Bad points regarding this feature, including the ability NOT to be able to consult or blind transfer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources