Out of hours webchat

Rogier Bosch

Rogier Bosch12-22-2017 09:13

Colin Padget

Colin Padget12-22-2017 14:21

• 1.  Out of hours webchat

Posted 07-28-2017 12:13

Hey there,

Does anyone know if we are able to stop the chat from starting after business hours?

Basically, no agents from 8PM and I am trying to make it so a customer is not able to initiate a web chat after a certain time. At the moment anyone can start a chat at any time, but it looks like it's not passed through after hours.

Thanks,

Lawrence

• 2.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 07-31-2017 09:26

Hi, something is under development regarding open/closed hours. But till then you need to build it yourself. Based on hour/time visitor enable/disable webchat function.

• 3.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 08-02-2017 21:08

Yep, Rogier has got it! We have partners who can help you with this as well, if it is not something you have resources for.

• 4.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 08-03-2017 06:50

It is possible to retrieve schedules via an API Call. Possible that you can build something that looks in the correct schedule and based on the schedule enable/disable the webchat

Api call:

GET /api/v2/architect/schedules/<schedule id>

list of all schedules :

GET /api/v2/architect/schedules

• 5.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 08-10-2017 23:07

Hi sorry I am about to bring webchat online and didn't consider this until now, do we need to create a separate queue for webchat or is there some way to have an automatic response advising the business hours or what are people doing with this, we are an 0815-1700 business.

• 6.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 08-26-2017 01:02

Hi @Jason Pratt? . The issue is that the code to display on your website takes no account of available agents or opening hours. Its a very limited set of functionality and desperately needs work to make it anywhere near comparable with Zopim etc. Anyone else know anything I'm missing?

• 7.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 09-04-2017 21:00

Hi Damian.

I have another one: We're dealing with PureCloud webchat customers in non-English speaking countries and the language translation is a bit lame. The automated responses PureCloud provide when for instance an agent joins the chat is not translated correctly.

"I entered the chat" comes out as "Me enter chat" in the local language. Perhaps Jar Jar Binks is hired to do the translations...?

• 8.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 09-05-2017 12:25

Thanks for the feedback. It is on the roadmap to make the setup around opening hours or available agents easier - the plan is to make the setup be available from the admin menu where you can use the existing schedules and schedule groups to configure web chat. This type of functionality is available today via APIs and custom work, and we will make it easier in the future. If you'd like, we could set up some time to discuss the plans and what all you'd like to see added.

Colin, I wish we had Jar Jar Binks working at Genesys. Are there any specific languages that are giving you trouble? I'm assuming lots of European languages? We'll look into this, thanks!

• 9.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 09-06-2017 23:58

@Lucie DeCristofaro? Rather than be on the roadmap can this be on the desk of the developers, we too are holding off on going live with webchats which is a major reason we initially purchased the product. Either that or if an API is the best option can a step by step guide and video tutorial be added to the Help Resource site on how this can be easily set up and implemented (I'm a CS manager, not an IT coder so I need help). We want to go live on this desperately as it is what our customers want.

• 10.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 09-07-2017 12:37

I'll get in touch with you, Damian.

Jason - we have a partner who could help with this functionality, if you are interested. We are taking stepwise approach on accomplishing this - initially, this can be accomplished via code, which like you mention may be too complicated for many customers and we can have partners help with this. We have plans to make this much simpler and are working towards that goal, but there's not a set timeline when it will be available for chat. If you'd like, glad to set up some time with you to chat about it and show you what we are working on and how it will apply for chat.

• 11.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 09-07-2017 12:55

Me too. It would be neat if we could control it using inbound chat flows in Architect.

• 12.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 09-07-2017 13:56

Yeah, inbound chat flows is where we are ultimately heading for 2018. We are currently enhancing email flows, and also adding support for SMS and associated flows, and all this functionality will ultimately be available for chat flows once we add those in.

• 13.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 09-12-2017 09:26

We are looking to implement web chat over the next few months and opening hours is something that we would have expected to see. Instead we are going to need to implement something in the code on our website. This is additional work and we then need a way to allow supervisors to set one off dates for bank holidays, training etc.?

• 14.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 10-24-2017 02:32

@Lucie DeCristofaro? after our conference call how are thing progressing?

• 15.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 10-25-2017 13:57

Hi Jason! We are working on the ability to set open/closed/holiday schedules on the website right now - the code is in review. We expect delivery before the end of the year.

• 16.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 12-22-2017 09:13

DELIVERED!

• 17.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 12-22-2017 14:21

Very nice. Thanx

• 18.  RE: Out of hours webchat

Posted 03-26-2019 18:40
    Hi All, I came across this thread and if I am reading this right, there is mention that after the architect is updated with survey flow and inbound email there are plans for a webchat architect flow? I currently use the API for open/closed schedules however, I still have customers that are able to come through after hours because of page refresh rates not refreshing and still having the chat link exposed. If I could use an agent check and disconnect in an IVR it would be fantastic. Is it possible to use the email inbound flow for chat?

------------------------------
    James Ross
    Fair Work Ombudsman

• 19.  RE: Out of hours webchat

GENESYS
    Posted 06-19-2019 17:41
    @James Ross chat flows are currently in beta, let me know if you would like to participate. We are working through finalizing auto-responses for chat flows, but the scheduled are good to go. ​

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources