Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Assign a ticket number to an incoming eMail

Posted 07-04-2017 12:41

Hello,

Incoming eMails are sent to the Architects' eMail flow, which routes them to the appropriate queue.

Is there a way to add a ticket number to the subject of the mail ?

Off course, the ticket number should be unique, and added up by one every time a new eMail arrives (new being an eMail without a ticket number).

Thx

• 2.  RE: Assign a ticket number to an incoming eMail

Posted 07-05-2017 12:19

Like the question.

• 3.  RE: Assign a ticket number to an incoming eMail

Posted 07-05-2017 15:07

Can you tell us a bit more about what you are trying to achieve? From what you described, it sounds like you are looking for more of a case management solution, which is something we do not offer today. We have plans to route tickets through PureCloud ACD engine as generic objects, but that is a roadmap item.

• 4.  RE: Assign a ticket number to an incoming eMail

Posted 07-05-2017 15:53

Hello,

I think that my request is not within the scope of Architect/ACD eMail routing.

I wanted to create a ticket number and add it to the incoming eMail's subject, before sending it to the ACD queue. And off course every new mail should receive a new ticketnumber (the previous ticket number incremented by 1)

I'm not a software developper, so I have litte understanding of variables, strings, functions,...

But I think I first need to create a variable (ticketNumber), and give it a initial value (e.g. 103000).

Then:

The first mail arrives, and the variabele is added to the mail Subject, like this:

"Ticket Number: " + ticketNumber <Mail.Subject>"

The value of the variable ticketNumber = 103000

After the mail is put in the ACD queue, the value of the variable should be incremented by one (e.g. 103001)

And when a new mail arrives, the Subject is changed again into:

"Ticket Number: " + ticketNumber <Mail.Subject>"

The value of the variable ticketNumber = 103001

I don't know if this is possible ?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources