Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Get IVR Configuration name in a call flow

Posted 06-15-2017 15:15

Hi, I'm trying to build a call flow that plays a prompt based on which IVR the user calles in from.

The scenario I have is that my customer provides services for other businesses, so instead of having to build one call flow per b2b customer I want to make a call flow what can play a prompt based on the IVR Configuration name.

I know I can do something with the "Call.CalledAddress", but they have a range of numbers they can call, so I would like the call flow to make a decision based on the IVR Configuration name.

Does this make sense?

Is that possible?

Or do I have to make the decision based on the "Call.CalledAddress" and make a logical switch? If that is the case is it possible to make it with more then 3 cases?

• 2.  RE: Get IVR Configuration name in a call flow

GENESYS
    Posted 06-18-2017 05:29

My first, untested thought is to create a Starting Task for the call flow, and use the Set Participant Data action to set an attribute on the interaction indicating which customer the call belongs to. Make that the only action in the Starting Task.

Then, when you get to the place where you want to play a different prompt based on the customer, use a Get Participant Data action to retrieve the value from that attribute and use logic in your Task to play the correct prompt.

Hopefully that will get you going in the right direction.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/add-set-participant-data-action-to-task/

• 3.  RE: Get IVR Configuration name in a call flow

Posted 06-19-2017 07:14

But where should the Starting Task get that information?

Mabye called number.

Might be possible to do a bridge call to a db mabye.

• 4.  RE: Get IVR Configuration name in a call flow

Posted 06-27-2017 15:42

This would be truly awesome. I too am faced with the prospect of dozens of call flows because of minor variations between IVR configurations. Being able to use one call flow using IVR Configuration Name to select variant logic or prompts would be outstanding!

• 5.  RE: Get IVR Configuration name in a call flow

GENESYS
    Posted 06-27-2017 18:21

Very sorry...I forgot to respond after your last question, @Patrick Giørtz? .

I was presuming that you would Identify the caller somehow in that Starting Task based on a data dip of some kind. If you store customer phone numbers in one of our supported systems (Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Oracle Service Cloud, Salesforce, or Zendesk) you could either look up the ANI in the data source, or prompt for a Customer ID of some kind and feed that into the data source.

Otherwise, use the Web Services Data Dip connector and use your own intermediary web service to query a database,based on DNIS or ANI or Customer ID entered in the Starting Task or whatever.

• 6.  RE: Get IVR Configuration name in a call flow

Posted 06-28-2017 07:03

In this scenario its actually more interesting to loop up the number the customer called into, and link that to a b2b customername.

But the solution will probably be the same, a datadip to an external service/db.

• 7.  RE: Get IVR Configuration name in a call flow

Posted 08-14-2017 20:34

I have a request to have the number the customer called displayed to the agent when answering. I tried creating an In-Queue flow to run through to gather this, using a get participant data and an update data with the task being Task.CallCalledAddress and the value being right(Call.DNIS,10). The hope was to have the number being called display to the agent when the call pops along with Interaction Type, Interaction State, Queue Name and Customer Number. I'm not having any luck, not even sure if it is possible. Looking for Guidance

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources