Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

After Hours Flow Issues

• 1.  After Hours Flow Issues

Posted 05-24-2017 15:09

My IVRs are setup to Call Flows which have  8:30-5:30 schedules. I am using the "Always route to call flow" option.  Nothing happens at 5:30 so the IVRs remain live all evening long.  I tried to use the "Use Time based on routing to call flow" option but could not figure out how to setup an after hours schedule from 5:31 PM to 8:29 AM the next day?   I built a schedule under Custom Recurrence Type and did a FREQ=YEARLY. It went to after hours but never switched back to the IVR  the next morning!

• 2.  RE: After Hours Flow Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 05-24-2017 15:19

If you choose "Always route to call flow" then all schedules are ignored, and you get the described behavior.

The Schedule Group uses basically an "OR/AND NOT" structure, where it looks at the Open Schedules first to see if there is a match for the current date/time. If it finds a match on any of the open schedules it will consider the queue open unless it also finds a match for any of the Closed Schedules, in which case it then considers the queue closed.

So, all you need to do is create the Schedule for when your queue is Open. If the current date/time matches that schedule (*:30 - 5:30 in the designated Time Zone) then the IVR will use the one designated under Open Hours Call Flow. If the current date/time does not match that schedule it sees the queue as closed and uses the flow designated under Closed Hours Call Flow.

• 3.  RE: After Hours Flow Issues

Posted 05-24-2017 15:40

Thanks for the quick response! OK, so in the Call Flow Routing I can add the Schedule Group and the Open Hours Call Flow schedule, but how do I setup the Closed Hours Call Flow? When I try to create an After Hours schedule 5:30 AM to 8:39 AM, I get the error message "The start must come before the end." I created one under Custom with dates for a year, but it didn't 'go live" at 8:30 the next morning. It stayed in After Hours mode!

• 4.  RE: After Hours Flow Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 05-24-2017 15:50

Back to my previous comment...

So, all you need to do is create the Schedule for when your queue is Open. 

In other words do not create a Closed schedule. Only an Open schedule. The system views the queue as Closed if it is not Open.

• 5.  RE: After Hours Flow Issues

Posted 05-24-2017 16:01

But when I switch the IVR from "Always route to call flow" to "Use time based routing to call," it won't let me Save it. The field turns read and says the Closed Hours Call Flow is required!  

• 6.  RE: After Hours Flow Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 05-24-2017 16:05

Yes...you have to create the functionality you want for after hours in an Inbound Call Flow in Architect, and assign that flow in the Closed Hours Call Flow. PureCloud needs to know what to do with the calls after hours. Normally folks route to the standard main menu, or a call flow which announces that the office is closed and gives the option to leave a voicemail, or simply disconnects.

• 7.  RE: After Hours Flow Issues

Posted 05-24-2017 17:20

Yea that is what I originally had, but it never went back to the IVR the next morning. I set it up under Custom 5:30 PM - 8:29 AM for a year.  I have it with an After hours message into a transfer to voicemail. It worked fine after hours, but never flipped to live at 8:30 AM. I guess I can set it up as 5:30 PM -11:59 PM and try it tonight? 

• 8.  RE: After Hours Flow Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 05-24-2017 17:56

Sorry to sound like a broken record...DO NOT create a schedule for the Closed hours.

You should have one schedule running 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM for this configuration, and the Schedule Group should look like:

SchedGrp

And you should have one IVR Configuration that looks something like:

IVRConfigThe procedures are documented pretty well in https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/schedule-groups/ and surrounding articles. 

• 9.  RE: After Hours Flow Issues

Posted 05-25-2017 12:13

CaptureSorry for all the confusion and questions! So if I understand you correctly, your WorkingHours call flow will be a flow that goes to voicemail starting at 5:31 and will automatically flip back to the Open Hours Call Flow at 8:30.  

• 10.  RE: After Hours Flow Issues

Posted 05-25-2017 12:50

Seems to be working fine! Thanks for your help!

• 11.  RE: After Hours Flow Issues

Posted 05-25-2017 13:23

No problem. I think I was getting confused between the flow, schedule group and schedule! The visuals definitely were a big help!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources