Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

• 1.  Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-09-2017 13:56

I have had tickets opened and have had no resolution to this. Several times per week we will have calls coming in and agents on queue but they cannot answer the calls. An on queue agent will have one ring and then get forced into "Not Responding". The answer call buttons are not responsive and they can click back to "On Queue" and it will immediately kick them back into not responding. Has anyone experienced this and found a resolution? My team has to log off, refresh and log back on and that seems to have a 30% success rate getting them back into being able to answer calls. 

• 2.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-10-2017 15:23

Hi James,

You are not alone - my organization experiences this as well, though with a lower frequency.  Our issue are normally resolved after opening a case with support, though the resolution can take some time.  

• 3.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-10-2017 21:02

Hello James,

Thank you for asking. When an agent goes not responding, it's because Agent didn't or in your case couldn't answer the call. This could be that the phone was not reachable, the edges could not communicate between each other, or something else was preventing the call to reach the phone after the interaction was assigned to the agent.

Unfortunately, since there's not just one possible cause, we would need you to open a support case to investigate further.

• 4.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-10-2017 21:53

While I understand what you are saying Jason, that is not the issue. I have opened helpdesk tickets. I am not an engineer so pulling the data that is needed is tedious and gets me nowhere. We are a busy call center so waiting for a phone to fail and then kicking an agent off to pull the logs is kind of ridiculous. It is absolutely not user friendly. The issue is the agent cannot answer the call. They can be clicking the answer button and it will kick them to Not Responding or even on some instances they click On Queue and it IMMEDIATELY forces them back into Not Responding without a call coming through. I have had 3 or 4 help desk tickets opened but nothing has ever been resolved. I have been told I am the only one to ever bring this up. We spent $15K on new computers hoping that would resolve the issue since we are the "only ones" having this issue. The bandwidth and system requirements make this system look like it can run on any old computer but it is crazy how much it drags brand new top of the line Dell desktops down. Just the fact that Zach above me states they also have this issue, there is definitely something going on and all the times I have been told it is on our end and we are the only ones with this issue is BS. 

• 5.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-12-2017 06:54

HI @James Wade , we have also this issues sometimes and most of the times is because we have changed a role in Purecloud. Test to follow following steps:

1) Open Start Menu

2) Go to Run

3) Type CMD and press enter

4) Type in 'ipconfig /flushdns' and press enter

5) Type in 'ipconfig /renew' and press enter

6) Close that screen and go back to the login page for PureCloud

7) Clear cache by pressing 'Ctrl+F5'

8) Login to Purecloud again

9) Assign another random phone and then assign back to the correct phone again

That should to the magic! 

Ps. Added a video as well. Only step 9 that is not in the video.

Purecloud_NotResponding

• 6.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 09-28-2017 14:13

One of our customers are also experiencing  the same issue . When an agent clicks on the " Answer Button " it doesn't respond . Forcing them off queue . I have also log a case with support and provided console logs and conversation ID's and got no resolution.

• 7.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 09-28-2017 20:06

I have been doing some tests on our own PureCloud and have experienced the similar issues where interactions can't be answered by our test agents. For example I sent through 3 test emails without any agents on queue, and when I enabled an agent to go on queue they see the interactions arriving but can't answer - and therefore the agent automatically goes into Not Responding.

The fix that worked for us was to clear the web browser cache and after doing that everything worked like normal. A colleague of mine commented that because PC is browser based, it does pull a lot of resources from the web browser to perform the actions on handling interactions - so you'd expect some kind of build up in the cache. I don't know if this problem will appear if you used the Desktop App as I have only just recently installed it and will be doing some tests.

@Tobias Zackrisson?  advice on clearing the DNS and clearing the cache would be a full proof to making sure your computers have the necessary resources to run PC.

• 8.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 09-29-2017 10:53

We also are experiencing this problem. What is the best solution for this? We are using Chrome as browser....

• 9.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 09-29-2017 11:07

There was no solution. Worked with their help desk people and engineers and were always told it was our problem and we were alone. We switched phone systems. We run a call center and cannot go through that problem several times per day. We have switched to Five9 and been extremely happy.

• 10.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 10-06-2017 00:57

My call center has Auto Answer set up for our agents and it will occasionally place them in Not Responding as if they did not answer the call. It seems to place the call back in queue afterwards, and the agent will get it again if they go back on queue.

• 11.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-17-2018 08:51
    This is happening for a call center that is using the Desktop App. Is there a troubleshooting or resolution procedures for the Desktop App?

------------------------------
    Dan Fontaine

• 12.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-17-2018 11:13
    ​We are having the same issue. Sounds like there are a few customers in the same Boat!

Bill Perkins

• 13.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-18-2018 19:17
    We also have a call center that uses the desktop app, but have not experienced this issue this week.  Have you tried updating your application?  I've found that we encounter a variety of issues if we don't update the desktop app ASP when PureCloud pushes out an updates.

-Zach

Zach Munsey
    Hopelink

• 14.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-24-2018 15:40
    By chance do any of you use any special routing options in your Default In-Queue Flow that has an option to Transfer to Group or anything similar?

Don Cook
    Optics Planet

• 15.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-25-2018 17:32
    ​This is happening regardless of whether the app, applet, or browser (chrome) is being used. It also is not the workstation - when the affected agent signs in as another user, they do not have this problem. Regarding the inbound flows they transfer to queue. But all queues use Bullseye Routing.

Dan Fontaine
    Altivon

• 16.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 06-21-2018 07:54
    ​We have the same issue ongoing. Using the Latest Desktop App and WebRTC Phones.
    Ticket has been open for several Months and we keep providing the Interaction IDs and all info that they are requesting.
    The Supervisors have to stay on their toes and monitor constantly.

Bill Perkins

• 17.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 06-21-2018 08:38
    ​May have been coincidental, but once the affected user started using another user's account credentials the issue stopped.

Support did find that PureCloud was losing connectivity with the agent. Or, rather, the agent was showing in a disconnected state.

A week later and the user is using their own account without issue for 10 days. So, this continues to be a mystery.

Dan Fontaine
    Altivon

• 18.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

GENESYS
    Posted 06-21-2018 08:43
    We are definitely aware of this issue and it's one of our highest priority issues to track down. I know this is unacceptable and our teams are trying very hard to determine what's going on with these situations. We do appreciate your patience... this one hasn't been an easy one to troubleshoot.

Brian Dupuis
    Genesys - Sr. Director, PureCloud UI

• 19.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 10-23-2018 23:49
    ​This has just happened to 2 of our agents today. When the interaction came through they were forced into not responding without the call ringing. This also happened in March. Does Genesys have a solution?

Ann Wright
    AUSTRALIAN INDUSTRY GROUP

• 20.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 10-24-2018 01:39
    Depending if you are using the Browser then switch to the Desktop application. I have 1 user with this issue and have had them on the desktop application for about 3 weeks and no issues 

sorry don't have a definitive answer as to why its occurring

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 21.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 10-26-2018 09:29
    Hello,

I had a phone call from a customer a few minutes ago. This "Not Responding" problem is occuring again very often today.

This problem has been going on for a long time.
    I've created a ticket a month ago, so far no information is given that we can give to the client. Since we're an integrator, we have different PureCloud customers. There's nothing more frustating then receiving no information from Genesys, while the customer asks for anwers and at least an estimated solution time. 

I'm a supporter of PureCloud, I think it's a great product, but when it comes to Customer Care, this is amongst the worst I've ever experienced.
    Furthermore, it's easy to show an all green status page, when major issues are ignored.

Regards

Steven Deferme
    Quant ICT

• 22.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

GENESYS
    Posted 10-26-2018 09:38
    @Steven Deferme I have asked Care management to take a look.

In the meantime, I am wondering if possibly the agents have more than one tab open for PureCloud in their browsers, or the desktop app running plus connected via as browser as well? It's just a far-fetched guess. Connecting to PureCloud multiple times concurrently like that can cause communication problems (it's documented as not supported because of those problems).

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 23.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 10-26-2018 09:48
    Edited by Matt Calton 10-26-2018 09:50
    Hi Guys... whether it is the App or browser F5 refresh regularly - I am going to get a Baseball cap printed with F5 on it so every time an agent says not responding or Mute button has gone or 99% of all day to day issues F5 does the job - this is why Care ask you to perform those functions before raising a ticket... the agents here in the most part do this themselves now the odd one asks all the time... once I learnt this and rebooting the Edges weekly - all calmed down and now all I have to do tediously is wrestle with care to try and get them to deal with really important issues that F5 doesn't deal with..... thankfully we don't have many and we run a 130 seat Inbound Outbound multibrand call centre over several sites...

Matt Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

• 24.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 10-26-2018 10:04
    Edited by Matt Calton 10-26-2018 10:06
    It might be worth adding - we stopped using WebRTC and the softphone and the module and use Polycoms VVX311 on sites and remotes also make the agents use the app as opposed to the browser as too easy to open multiple tabs or accidentally close the browser.... bit of an issue with the latest Purecloud app 1.12.512 and 1.12.514 failing to log in have found a hack to force the app to load but opted to retrograde to 1.11.492.

Ticket open on this and it is hard work already.....

Matt Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

• 25.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 10-27-2018 06:16
    I agree with need to keep the desktop app upgraded and/or F5 the browser. I also found that if agents are using WebRTC and Auto Answer you have to consider persistency and the timeout. If an Auto Answer agent sits for 10 minutes without getting a call their persistency expires (default is 600 seconds) and they have to click Answer button just like the first call of the day. It they don't do that, they get put in Not Responding state. We set the persistency timeout to a longer period.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/use-persistent-connection-feature-purecloud-webrtc-phone/

Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne

• 26.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

GENESYS
    Posted 10-28-2018 10:54
    Hello all, Thank you for the discussion and engagement. A few thoughts...

1. We have a new initiative and team dedicated to improving the PureCloud Customer Support experience. This team is comprised of people representing all of Genesys. As part of this initiative, the team will be providing regular updates through the Community on this Discussion. Your participation and feedback on that are more than welcome. We want to have an open dialogue to foster the most rapid change for the better. @Steven Deferme I'd like to set up a 30 min. call to learn more about your experience and discuss near-term solutions. Please direct message me if that would be valuable to you as well.
    2. @Ann Wright<g class="gr_ gr_6334 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Style multiReplace" id="6334" data-gr-id="6334"> ,</g> @Bill Perkins I would like to follow up on your posts. Has a case been filed with Customer Care? If so, please direct message me with the case number and I'll personally follow up.
    3. @Greg Beal, @Darryn Chang, @Dan Fontaine, Matthew Calton, @Zach Munsey Thank you for your answers and participation in the Community.

Sincerely,
    Cass

Cass Sapir
    VP, Customer Success
    PureCloud

• 27.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 11-13-2018 15:39
    Edited by Steven Deferme 11-13-2018 15:46
    @Cass Sapir
    @George Ganahl

Hello,

I'm sorry for my late update, there were some holidays and some project start ups (other then PureCloud) , so I had to focus on other things.

Well, the issue got resolved on Friday November 9th. Eventually the customer changed the public IP address through which the Edges connect to the Internet. Soon after that everything was working again.
    After some extended troubleshooting, I could rule out the client (browser, webrtc) and AWS/PureCloud (our PureCloud ORG didn't impose the same problem). So I insisted that the customer should concentrate on it's own network environment, more specific, the Edges' traffic.
    But, the root cause of the incident is still not known. The customer claims that nothing has changed in regards to firewall / routing, he only changed the public IP address through which the Edges communicate. As I know from experience, I can't be 100 % sure that this is indeed the case.
    Fact is, when the incident occured, the call was always set up (correct SIP dialogs, the client is notified of the call).
    It seems very strange that the Interaction's answer/refuse buttons weren't shown in the client's PureCloud interface.
    What triggers the display or non-display of the answer button is something that could be worth looking into. In the meanwhile it is working again, so the customer has stopped calling me ten times a day, asking for a status update.

But the point remains: we still haven't received useful feedback from Customer Care (If you can look into the Case messages, please do).
    I provided all sorts of traces, I tried to arrange a conference call with all parties involved.
    Maybe your development also made some changes on Thursday 8th November, and because of the time difference, we wouldn't notice was until next day, the same day the customer changed the public IP address...
    As I also stated in the Case, we can't analyze the data traffic of the Edges, because it's all encrypted.
    Nor is there any detailed decscription available about the packet/datagram exchange, data flows between Edges <--> Cloud <--> Client (other than an overview of which tcp/udp ports should be allowed).

Although it was immediately clear that the problem had nothing to do with components managed by us (such as the SBC between Edges / customers' PBX's and telco provider, PureCloud configuration), it's no problem for us to provide all sorts of logs and traces (over and over again), and to mediate between the end-customer and Customer Care.
    But If I have to spent hours on the phone, trying to calm the customer having no information at all about the progress of the Case, and even have to justify our Helpdesk's involvement and dedication to my superiors, then I consider this unfair and unprofessional behaviour from Customer Care. We IT'ers have to stick together, and help each other out :-)

My excuses for a reply that looks like a short story, but I had to get it off my chest. This will be my last reply concerning this incident.

Still supporting and believing in PureCloud,

Steven

Steven Deferme
    Quant ICT

• 28.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-05-2022 12:30
    This happens to sets of 3-7 of our users almost every day for over a month. It is becoming maddening especially with lack of help from support I have asked multiple times if any other customer has had this issue, and have never gotten a response to that question only by finding a 5 year old community thread have I been able to get any insight on the issue, which is totally unacceptable. We require a solution and acknowledgement of the problem by Genesys instead of repeated requests for logs and diagnostics that get us no closer to a solution. Thank you for your time.

Ryan Schmidt
    Generac Power Systems, Inc.

• 29.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 02-14-2019 12:35
    Hi,

We are experiencing the same random big problem.

Calls are routed to the Queue and when the agent rings (they have auto answer enabled), a warning message appears asking the agent to quit from the Queue or to remain available, and of course the answer is never answered automatically (as it should be).
    If the agent, decides to remain acive in the Queue, the call is assign to this agent again (for testing we have only one agent available in this Queue, and the loop begins and never ends, until the agent chooses to quit the Queue or the external caller decides to release the call.

This is a CRITICAL PROBLEM, HIGHLY IMPACTING in the customer's daily operation. We are now in a bank and this issue is appearing randomly several times a week.

Is there any urgent solution for this problem?

Thanks

Jorge Negri

• 30.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-24-2021 13:47
    Did anyone get to a resolution on this?  I know this thread is old but we have a handfull of users in our Genesys Cloud environment this is happening to and would like to see how others ultimately resolved this. 

Thanks, 
    Jimmy Ortiz

James Ortiz
    Edelman Financial Engines, LLC

• 31.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-24-2021 15:08
    Hi,

I have faced this problem at some customers, and it is mostly due to internet connectivity issues.

Agents working in Home office are usually affrected as the individuals internet access is not as reliable as it should be to work with Genesys Cloud.

Jorge Marcelo Negri
    Senior Project Consultant
    Genesys PureCloud Certified Associate
    In Motion Argentina
    Ciudad AutĂłnoma de Buenos Aires
    Argentina

• 32.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 12-29-2021 05:57
    Hi
    the same issue just appeared for us. in the office and working from home so this does not seem like a connectivity issue at the moment.

I opened a ticket with customer care.

But If anyone found a solution, it would be great to post it here :) 

BR,
    ​

Marcus Amthor
    IONOS Service GmbH

• 33.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 01-05-2022 00:03

Hi Marcus,

We are still on the planning stage of our migration to Genesys cloud so we do not have live agents on this platform.

Is this issue only experience on agent using browser or this is also experience even on the app?

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 34.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 01-06-2022 06:47
    Hi

We have been experiencing this for long but it is way better now.

We're using WebRTC since Covid as most of our agents still work from home.We use Pureconnector from SoftphoneIT integrated into Servicenow case management system. The Pureconnector is just a phone widget showing on top of Servicenow allowing HD agent to answer calls. https://www.softphone.it/servicenow-connector-for-purecloud/

We have been experiencing regular issues with WebRTC in the last 2 years. Many tickets created. In all logs where agent was going to not responding after one ring or was not able to click on answer button, we could find that the WebRTC heartbeat send by the Edge to the Pureconnector client was not aknowledged causing the WebRTC session to be dropped and agent moved to not responding. Doing a browser refresh would move the agent back into idle as establishing a new WebRTC session with the Edge and heartbeat being restored, but the call was moved to another agent in meantime
    Working with SofthphoneIT on their Pureconnector, we have changed the config and touching wood can say that since the latest release early Dec we have seen a significant decrease of issues

Instead of using the notification from Genesys gadget ,we use now the browser notification instead - attribute "notification" (with value true) under openFrame configuration. 
    We're also using now the Pop WebRTC phone window setting from the Genesys gadget

Here is more details about the hearbeat reference made by one of the Genesys support person when we were investigating this back in 2020

For reference this is the key outbound communication that we need to verify from the users desktop, it is the outbound STUN connection and heartbeat to PureCloud, this is my desktop on internal IP 192.168.0.10 communicating to PureCloud, setting up and maintaining the WebRTC connection (I have hidden my external IP).
    Time                     Source          Destination        Protocol    Length  Info   
    09:37:53.290115 192.168.0.10 64.233.............. STUN           62      Binding Request
    09:37:53.290339 192.168.0.10 74.125...............STUN           62      Binding Request
    09:37:53.358146 64.233...........192.168.0.10     STUN           74      Binding Success Response XOR-MAPPED-ADDESS: 80.7.....:60280

I had also created an idea for Purecloud to show a green led on the Gadget as long as the heartbeat was aknowledged. Once lost it would display red and the agent would at least have a visual/audible indication that he should refresh the WebRTC session but not seen any progres son that 
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-795

Renaud Larcier
    Travelport

• 35.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 01-06-2022 09:08
    I get this on email only on a handful of agents, (1 ring and not responding, although on the timeline it believes it altered for 60 seconds.  when it rolls back to the agent again its fine), and the same agents so suspect its a computer thing rather than a GC thing, I have completed 1000s of calls and emails on our estate during build and never experienced it.  I think Chrome the memory pig is the culprit personally with so many tasks open for 1 screen and it fails to respond

Andy

Andy Jackson
    Ten Lifestyle Management Limited

• 36.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 01-31-2022 08:14
    Edited by Marek Klampar 01-31-2022 08:14
    Same issue is being experienced from time to time by our users for about last 16 months. We initially were suspecting connectivity issue but investigation of Genesys Support hasn't confirmed it so now are suspecting the browser client design - maybe it is not allocating enough operational memory needed by WebRTC/telephony control code to execute correctly at the time of call arrival.

Marek Klampar
    Henkel Slovensko, spol. s r.o

• 37.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 05-05-2022 19:00
    Edited by Anton Vroon 05-05-2022 19:02
    Not a fix unfortunately but an observation made recently.

When we look at the timeline for some calls for staff impacted by this, the timeline shows the call alerting at the (auto answer) agent but the agent doesn't get the call at all, so forces them in to not responding. 

This was further confirmed while testing something unrelated, I was logged in to Genesys on two devices, one connected to the company VPN the other not. Calls stopped presenting on the device connected to the VPN but the same call was presenting on the other device.

To me at least it indicates some sort of network traffic problem, or internet browser settings, but its not my area of expertise so haven't gotten any further than that.

Anton Vroon

• 38.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-06-2022 01:31
    Hi Anton

Out of curiosity, do you have persistent connection turned on for these?

Vaun McCarthy

• 39.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 05-08-2022 16:00
    For the WebRTC phone I was using, no, no it wasn't. Will see sometime if I can replicate with persistent connection activated.

Anton Vroon

• 40.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-09-2022 13:39
    Our organization does have persistent connection enabled for the effected users but, the issue still continues.

Ryan Schmidt
    Generac Power Systems, Inc.

• 41.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 05-09-2022 15:12
    We are using persistent connections for our agents and are seeing this occasionally (once or twice a week), too. The issue seems quite sporadic and is usually fixed with a Refresh or end-user device restart. We have been trying to capture it in a Console Log... Agents have been instructed to reboot their device before starting a shift and that seems to have reduced the occurrences.
    It seems almost as if the communication / signaling is overly sensitive to slight network troubles such as one would occasionally observe in home-wifi networks (occasional drops or delays of packets). Memory pressure causing communication delays may have the same effect.
    We also use MS Teams for internal communication and this is not affected.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 42.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 06-23-2022 02:46
    Hi, 
    We encounter exactly the same problems aat AXA Belgium. 
    We are using the browser app with WebRTC phone. 
    Randomly users are not able to click on the answer button and their status is changing to "not responding" status.
    We created multiple tickets on the care and answer is always the same : this is a network problem. 
    It's happening randomly when agent are working from home via VPN or at the office with a strong network infrastructure. 
    We already tried : 
    -using Chrome
    -using Edge
    -persistent connection
    -working with Chrome but in one window (without having the possibility to add a tab)
    -working with EDGE but in one window (without having the possibility to add a tab)
    -computer replacement
    -Install 1000eyes to tool to monitor the network
    -daily clear cache
    -change the settings of teams (Disable GPU hardware acceleration (requires restarting Teams)
    -ask the user to open less windows and/or applications.

But the result is still the same. Business is complaining every day about the same problem, not able to click on the answer button. 
    And as a part of the our year evaluations are calculated with the agent performances, the agents doesnt accept to take this measure as it's a "bug". 

If someone already tried something else to fix this problem, I would be very interested to know .
    And I will offer a champagne bottle to the one who find the solution :-)

Alessandro Venica
    AXA Group Operations Belgium SA

• 43.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 06-23-2022 04:07
    Same here, the business report this but I am unable to evidence or reproduce it.

When you look at logs and the timeline is correct, I have captured a user reporting this eventually and Genesys confirmed the alerting time matched by timeout set on the queue

Andy Jackson

• 44.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 07-25-2022 12:38
    I did some deep analysis on this based on chat and email etc at the moment must be manually answered, also based on the fact I have done more than a few thousand email and chat and never replicated this.

looking at the stats I felt it was fair to assume that the % ratios of chat and email not getting answered would be the same and they were not, when I increased the alerting timer to 120 seconds surprisingly the not responding virtually vanished at that point (bored of hearing the ring I guess) I arrived at conclusion that this was agent behavior, this was taken up by the WFM team and when the agents were challenged it pretty much stopped.  The only exception is if I see a call that doesn't auto answer within a short period (up to 2 seconds,) based on this we assume that its an internet issue as the edge cant get to the WebRTC.

Andy Jackson

• 45.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 08-01-2022 20:56

Hi @Andy Jackson

Do you know if Genesys cloud has a report to show average time for agent to click the answer after the interaction is presented?​

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 46.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 08-02-2022 03:59
    you could run an performance/interaction view and add total alert, a quick pivot table would soon show you an average, there are no canned reports that I am aware of

Andy Jackson

• 47.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 08-02-2022 09:58

HI Andy

let me try that, thank you.

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 48.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 08-02-2022 19:37

Alessandro,

The only thing I didn't see in your list is using the desktop app?
    Focusing on Genesys theory that "this is a network problem". Most "Not Responding" issues I've found to be caused by the customer network (firewall).  Basically the WebRTC client not responding to a signal from Genesys server in a timely manner, if at all. 

I understand this has happens at the office and home networks, so moving an agent to a 4/5G (Hotspot) network would be inconclusive as the company network/firewall is the common factor here.

For a home working agent, did you try sending an agent WebRTC GC traffic direct to internet (not via company VPN - Firewall)?
    Using VPN split tunneling can also be an option for home working agents, to send GC traffic direct. 

Scott Bradshaw
    Telstra Corporation Ltd

• 49.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 06-23-2022 04:05
    I have observed this occasionally and that's when the WebRTC (chrome) cant talk to the edge and I would always out this down to an internet issue

Andy Jackson

• 50.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 08-03-2022 10:10
    We opened up a care ticket about two weeks ago. We have a singular agent in office with other agents experiencing this same issue. Her mornings she does not experience this issue, however, shortly after lunch she starts receiving the message of "Not Responding" while she is actively taking calls and On Queue. We were asked about our firewalls however, there are other agents in the same office with no issues. We have rebuilt her profile, given her a new PC, and new WebRTC profile. We've already had one Teams meeting with Genesys with another one tomorrow. They have not isolated the issue either.

Eric Allen
    Vervent, Inc.

• 51.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 09-13-2022 06:42
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, the GC contact center we have installed has the same phenomenon/error.
    We got the same answer from Genesys Support to the error ticket we opened, the error is caused by the local network. The question where to look for the error on the local network was not answered.
    If someone could solve this "Not Responding" problem, please let us know.

Thanks.

Zoltan Morvay

Zoltan Morvay
    NTT Hungary Trading and Service Ltd

• 52.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 09-13-2022 07:12

I still see this occasionally and it is always down to latency on the broadband connection, particularly if they are a home worker

Thanks

Andy Jackson

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more Click Here.

• 53.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 09-13-2022 11:27
    Edited by Raymond Hicks 09-13-2022 11:28
    We are still on PureConnect and on the journey to Genesys Cloud so I've been following this thread.  This thread is equivalent to the 'ACD Agent Not Answering' issues that have become prevalent since moving to a remote workforce. I agree that this is always down to latency or service reliability on the broadband connection and those conversations with the end user often end with advice to open a support ticket with the ISP.

In Genesys PureConnect, the LoginLogoutChangeLog_view has been helpful in identifying those network disruptions at the agents home.  We have identified a pattern where the agent is quickly logged out and back in to one or more apps around the time of the ACD Agent Not Answering.  In some cases the Login event is recorded before the Logout event.  Recent example below.

Is there any comparable dataset, view, API on the Genesys Cloud side that is helpful to the agent support conversation?

Before we were a remote workforce, if the agent was late to work due to car trouble and they could not reach the timeclock in time, you would not have them open a support ticket with the Payroll team for a broken timeclock.  Now, the home internet connection is the modern day equivalent to car that got you to work on time, but often it's the voice team that is trying to troubleshoot the car.

Raymond Hicks
    Sutter Health

• 54.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 09-14-2022 04:39
    Thank you for the information, we will check the operation with the customer.
    BR:
    Zoltan Morvay

Zoltan Morvay

• 55.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 11-17-2022 04:40
    Hello,

we are still hardly investigating on this problem but didn't find any solution yet.
    Did anyone on this thread was able to fix/improve this problem and how?

I hope we can find a solution because our business is really mad at this issue...

They are alerted for 1 sec into the UI then get the "Not responding" status but when looking into the timeline the alerting was 20 seconds (which is our time out)...
    Or sometimes the Agents press the "Answer" button but nothing happens..

We involved our network team and they don't see any issues.

Nathan

Nathan Tossens

• 56.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 11-17-2022 04:53
    Every time I have seen this, they are 99.9% home workers, so we always put the issue to the internet connection they are using.  Personally I have never seen it but I do have a really good connection. 

I have Genesys investigate from chrome logs as well and they say the same, its at the point that the edge is trying to nail a connection to the chrome desktop through turn or whatever it fails (network connectivity)

Andy Jackson

• 57.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 11-17-2022 04:55
    Hi,

Our client had this problem for 3 months. Before that, it had been working flawlessly for 4 months. Genesys Support has an error ticket open for this, but they only asked for information. We have not received any information to fix it. A Network Readiness Assessment Tool should be run on site, I am awaiting the results of this now. I will have to forward the results to Genesys Support.
    The customer had a Checkpoint upgrade performed on November 7. Since then this problem has not occurred. I do not know what this solved.

BR:

Zoltan Morvay

Zoltan Morvay

• 58.  RE: Agent's getting forced to "Not Responding"

Posted 11-17-2022 04:58
    Thanks for your both answer.
    It's occuring for people working from home as well from people working from the office where we have a really good network so the "domestic network" is certainly responsible of some of them but can't explain all of them...

Nathan Tossens

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources