Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Abandoned Calls

Posted 05-08-2017 03:00

I have reports which show very high abandoned rates and would like to know if either of the following situations could be treated or reported as an abandoned call.

- In call flow transfers to an external number (outside purecloud)

-In Call flow has a disconnect statement to terminate a path

• 2.  RE: Abandoned Calls

GENESYS
    Posted 05-11-2017 13:53

Any queued call that does not connect to an agent would be considered an abandon, by definition. (So, so, is the behavior you  part of an In-queue Call Flow?)

Is that what you might be experiencing? I presume you are looking at Queue reports?

• 3.  RE: Abandoned Calls

Posted 05-11-2017 23:19

Hi George

Yes correct we are looking at the Queue Metric reports, therefore I'm concerned that the scenario we have in the in call flow might be skewing the data because of these actions.

• 4.  RE: Abandoned Calls

Posted 05-11-2017 23:32

Just further to this I'm having a debate with our Reporting guys that say Abandoned calls are only record if the Call disconnects, I  on the other hand want to clarify that the in call flow which ;

- In call flow transfers to an external number (outside purecloud)

-In Call flow has a disconnect statement to terminate a path

are also defined within Pure Cloud as "Abandoned calls" :)

• 5.  RE: Abandoned Calls

GENESYS
    Posted 05-12-2017 17:23

Transfer to an external number should be a "Flow Out" rather than an abandon. Do you see any Flow Outs in the reports?

• 6.  RE: Abandoned Calls

GENESYS
    Posted 05-12-2017 17:25

I guess not, since that is not one of the columns. I'll have to see if I can get better definition.

• 7.  RE: Abandoned Calls

GENESYS
    Posted 05-12-2017 18:15

Based on some conversations internally, a call that transfers out of the In-queue Call Flow should not be tracked as an abandon, but a disconnect would be.

If you want to know for sure, though, you would need to open a case with Support and supply Conversation IDs for calls that show as Abandons (might get tricky trying to track down an abandon to a specific call).

Something you can try, though, is modifying the In-queue Call Flow so that instead of a Disconnect to end the flow, you use a "Transfer to Flow" action, and transfer it to an Inbound Call Flow that just disconnects the call. That way, the call should end with a flow-out rather than an abandon (presuming that Transfer to Flow succeeds...which it should.)

• 8.  RE: Abandoned Calls

GENESYS
    Posted 06-22-2018 12:30
    We have recently updated the Queue Performance view (Performance Menu) to add a new metric called FlowOut.  This metric will account for calls that entered the queue but were not answered by an agent and were not abandoned - this would include Callbacks or calls that may have been pulled out into another queue, etc.  For more information please reference:  https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/queues-performance-summary-view/

------------------------------
    Darlene Oordt
    Sr Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources