Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Default Timezone

Posted 04-05-2017 08:26

We have an outbound campaign that use a Pre-Call Rule with action Update  Contact Column with the Update Option 'Set As Current Timestamp'.  This sets the contact column with GMT date & time (2017-03-15T12:53:39.975Z)

GMT timezone is also used in the system Contact Column 'CallRecordLastAttempt'.

Is there a possibility to configure a default timezone for an outbound campaign or even an entire organisation?

In our case all agents and contacts are in the 'Europe/Brussels' timezone. If there were a global setting, outbound agents could also schedule callbacks without having to specify the same timezone on each occasion. 

• 2.  RE: Default Timezone

GENESYS
    Posted 04-20-2017 18:11

There is no such default at the moment unfortunately. But can see a use for it. I will add it to our wish list.

• 3.  RE: Default Timezone

Posted 06-06-2023 04:59

Hi. This post is quite old.

Do you know if something has been done? 

Get the result of a campaign with H-2 call time is a real problem for my customer.

Thank you. 

------------------------------
    Catherine DUPIRE
    NXO FRANCE SASU

• 4.  RE: Default Timezone

GENESYS
    Posted 06-09-2023 11:12

That column still uses UTC.

I cannot find an enhancement request in teh Ideas Lab, so you should submit one at https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas

Roger is no longer with Genesys so I cannot ask him.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), CCXP
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Default Timezone

Posted 06-09-2023 11:54

The problem here is that many ORGs (and Regions) span multiple time zones. You also have the problem of Daylight Savings Time. So, time is usually stored as "Zulu Time" (UTC / GMT) and then an offset calculated by the local UI. (This is in fact what happens with your computer's local time!)

By having a single, consistent time definition, it means there is no confusion, or doubt about time zone. Logs line up, etc.

The problem with custom columns containing timestamps is that there is no realistic way for the default UI to perform the offset calculation. I would recommend creating a custom UI that localizes the time for you.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources