Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Remove customer interactions (data)

Posted 04-03-2017 09:53

Is there a function to remove customer interactions (phone numbers, emails, chats etc.) similar as we do with call recording (polices)? This is regulated by law in some of the Nordic countries but will for sure be regulated in all countries by 2018. 

• 2.  RE: Remove customer interactions (data)

Posted 04-05-2017 13:06

This functionality is on the PureCloud roadmap for 2017-2018. Specifically we are aware of the upcoming European GDPR regulations and will work to make sure we are compliant with them.

We appreciate any insights into specific regulatory concerns that you have- please pass them along!

• 3.  RE: Remove customer interactions (data)

Posted 04-06-2017 06:43

Thanks Chris! 

We are talking about the same European GDPR regulation that shall apply from 25th of May, 2018. But we are already looking into implementing this during 2017. Is there a way of doing this manually until it's released? 

• 4.  RE: Remove customer interactions (data)

GENESYS
    Posted 04-06-2017 12:44

Hi Tobias,

You mentioned this: "similar as we do with call recording (polices)"

You can make policies that apply to chats and emails too that will delete them after a certain period of time (or not, if you don't want them to be deleted). However, I don't know if that was the information you were looking for--I'm not an expert on GDPR, so I'm not sure if that accomplishes all of what you need. Here's some more information about policies: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-recording-policy/ 

2017-04-06_8-41-20

• 5.  RE: Remove customer interactions (data)

Posted 04-06-2017 13:26

We are only using voice in Purecloud and we have policies to remove calls after 30 days.

When the GDPR regulation is in place we also need to remove f.eg. customer phone number and notes that could identify customer. So the function we are looking for is to anonymizing customer data and not only delete the recording of the call. 

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources