Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  24H clock when using English as default language?

Posted 03-23-2017 19:36

Is there a way to force a 24 hour clock when using English as default system language?

• 2.  RE: 24H clock when using English as default language?

GENESYS
    Posted 04-06-2017 15:08

I don't know of a way to change the UI settings to use 24-hour format (IVR Schedules, Dialer Schedules, etc.). So, neither do I know of a way to tie it to default language selection.

Have you found a way to do so at all, not tied to language selection?

• 3.  RE: 24H clock when using English as default language?

Posted 04-07-2017 06:44

The only way for us to use 24 hour format is to select "Svenska" as preferred language (or some of the other languages that uses the 24 hour format. But if you really want to use English as a system language you are also forced to use 12 hour format (AM/PM). 

I think it's quite easy to add this feature. I give you the design and the developers can focus on the code :D

24hourclock

Sorry George for all questions I ask... I appreciate that you always responds quickly.

Have a great weekend! 

• 4.  RE: 24H clock when using English as default language?

Posted 04-08-2017 13:41

In your ideal world, would you also want the dates to be displayed in MM/DD/YYYY format, vs DD/MM/YYYY? Meaning, would you want language settings to be separate from date/time display settings?

• 5.  RE: 24H clock when using English as default language?

Posted 04-09-2017 06:32

I think that's sounds like a good idea @Lucie DeCristofaro to separate date/time from language. This will give the user the opportunity to select was suits them best. But also make dates format optionally as well.

Time format

• 12H (AM/PM)
    • 24H

Date

• DD/MM/YYYY (Europe)
    • MM/DD/YYYY (US)
    • YYYY/MM/DD (ISO 8601 Standard?)

Thanks!

• 6.  RE: 24H clock when using English as default language?

Posted 04-11-2017 22:02

That makes sense to me! I can add it as an enhancement to the backlog, we already have some other ones that are related but I think doing this would work well across the platform. Now, I do not at this time have a concrete timeline on when this would be added or even have concrete details on what level of effort this would be for the team.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources