Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How often does the Edge synchronize time (NTP)?

Posted 03-21-2017 22:41

We have a issue that we think is related to NTP (UDP/123) is blocked by our firewalls.

We can see that our IVR(s) opens three minutes too early and we also see that the timeline is a bit confused by this as well. UDP/123 is now open but I can't see any progress and there is still a three minute difference. 

I have updated and restarted all Edge servers and still no improvement. 

How often does NTP update? Can I force it? Can I see the actual server time somewhere? 

• 2.  RE: How often does the Edge synchronize time (NTP)?

GENESYS
    Posted 03-22-2017 19:18

The PureCloud Edge by default is set to do 30 second interval synchronization checks with no maximum correction range. An update or sync to the NTP Time Server cannot be forced and the server time is not displayed on the PureCloud client interfaces.

There are known synchronization scenarios that can cause failures including port blocking by firewalls. There are improvements in progress to provide a solution to these specific failure scenarios that is nearing production availability but has not yet been released. The expectation is that these changes will greatly reduce failures and improve local deployment PureCloud Edge time synchronization.

• 3.  RE: How often does the Edge synchronize time (NTP)?

Posted 05-12-2021 14:50
    Is there a ticket or something we can use to track the progress of this improvement?

Thank you,

Eric

------------------------------
    Eric Allen
    Vervent, Inc.
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: How often does the Edge synchronize time (NTP)?

Posted 03-24-2017 07:07

Our problem is that our Edge´s in Denmark has a difference on approx. 4 minutes. 

- This affects opening hours since customers can reach us before we open

- Statistics is not correct

- Timeline for agents is faulty (f.eg. ACW could be the first thing in the timeline)

We have opened the traffic for NTP and also tested this. But the thing is that the Edge does not send any NTP requests anymore. I have updated and restarted them several times with no success. What else can I test?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources