View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

• 1.  Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

GENESYS
    Posted 03-21-2017 07:10

Hi,

We noticed that the consult transfer section of an Agent A to Agent B is not getting recorded as well as any intercom / extension diallings are not getting recorded.  Is there any specific settings that we are missing here or it is the system limitation?

I understand that recordings are enabled via an external trunk and extension calls does not go via trunks / does not hit any outbound routes. is there anyother ways to achieve recording for the internal extension calls & consult transfer section of inbound calls?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

GENESYS
    Posted 03-22-2017 13:26

Hi Arunachalam,

You're not missing any settings--conversations between internal users are not recorded on purpose. Internal users can initiate their own recording of a conversation, (https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/record-a-call/) but at this time there isn't a policy-based way to record intercom calls. 

However, development is aware of this limitation, and have a project to make recording intercom calls possible.

• 3.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

Posted 10-19-2018 11:04
    Are external consults also not recorded? We have the enable recording on transfer enabled, but these calls are only being consulted on, not fully transferred.

------------------------------
    Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 4.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

Posted 07-19-2019 14:38
    Hi there, so this response was provided over 2 years ago. Is the possibility to record internal calls ever going to be considered?

Angel R.

• 5.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

GENESYS
    Posted 07-19-2019 14:48
    It has been considered a couple of times since then, but has not received enough interest from customers to be made a priority by Product Management.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

Posted 07-20-2019 11:06
    Edited by Lesley Vereen 07-20-2019 11:06
    This is a feature that we do have plans to add. Please feel free to add your vote on the Ideas Portal if you haven't already done so.  Updates will be provided there when work is under way and we have a target release date.  https://genesys.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLWFO-I-2

Lesley Vereen
    Sr Product Manager - PureCloud
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

Posted 07-22-2019 08:22
    Thanks! I'm glad that it made it's way onto the roadmap.

Angel R.

• 8.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

Posted 07-26-2019 15:23
    Hi Leslie.  We have a rather large customer that absolutely requires the consult portion of the hand-off to be recorded.  Since the consult is occurring in an ACD queue, there is no manual record button available for either internal party (Interactions area).  Are there any workarounds at all we can show them before they look elsewhere for a platform that will record internal conversations?

Thanks!

Bob Shappell
    Avtex

• 9.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

Posted 07-26-2019 17:15
    Hi Bob
    Just for clarification the "hand-off" is usually considered the transfer - and we do record the transfer. The part that we need to add is the option to record the consult (agent <> agent) this is a priority and the goal is start work on this Q4 with delivery target in Q1.  Since the work isn't yet in development I can't provide anything more specific at this point.  There's not really a workaround to accomplish that, so hopefully this will meet your customer needs.
    Thanks,
    Lesley

Lesley Vereen
    Genesys

• 10.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

GENESYS
    Posted 05-13-2020 09:57
    Hi Leslie,

Has this been released? The Resource Center refers to User Recordings being available for Supervisors based policies for retaining interactions, but I wasn't able to find the policy that would accomplish this.

Jared Cox
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

GENESYS
    Posted 05-13-2020 10:07
    No, it has not been released. @Lesley Vereen can add more insight on the progress.​

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 12.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

Posted 05-13-2020 10:19
    Correct - Recording of consult portion of conversation not been released but work has just started.  I don't have an ETA yet other than hope to have it ready by end of year. 
    Also recording the consult portion of a call (= caller is on hold and agent calls another agent) is not the same thing as a User recording.  Please see the table on this page for the difference between a User recording and Policy based https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/recording-in-purecloud/   A user recording cannot be initiated when the agent is on queue - and user recordings are not managed by policies nor do they appear in the Interactions view.  They only go to the user's inbox.
    Thanks
    Lesley

Lesley Vereen
    Genesys

• 13.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

Posted 12-16-2020 11:20
    I wanted to provide an update here on recording that consult portion of ACD calls.  In case you're not aware, you can see the status updates in the Ideas portal here.  Beta is targeted for mid/late Jan and GA target mid/late Feb.
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLPLA-I-335

Lesley Vereen
    Genesys

• 14.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

Posted 12-16-2020 15:53
    That's good news Lesley.  How can I potentially get one of my customers to be in the Beta for this?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 15.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

Posted 12-17-2020 10:37

Hi Vaun,

I'm retiring end of this year, so Daniel Ho (daniel.ho@genesys.com)  is your new contact to request having a customer added to the list for interest in being added to this beta. 

Best wishes everyone!

Lesley

Lesley Vereen - RETIRING END OF 2020!
    Genesys

• 16.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

Posted 03-07-2023 11:27

Hi. The link doen't work.

Do you have any news about the implemntation of this feature ? 

Catherine Dupire
    NXO FRANCE SASU

• 17.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

GENESYS
    Posted 03-07-2023 11:52

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/record-acd-agent-consult-calls/

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud)
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 18.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

Posted 03-07-2023 12:17

Yes, thank you George. Considering the date of the discussion I supposed it was implemented, searched in documentation and I had finally found it. But thanks a lot anyway for taking time to answer me ! :-) 

Catherine Dupire
    NXO FRANCE SASU

• 19.  RE: Consult Transfer & Internal Recordings

GENESYS
    Posted 03-07-2023 12:25

By the way, a great place to start your search (if you have not already found and made use of it) is the Genesys Knowledge Network.

It is accessed by clicking the brain icon in the top right sidebar of this Community, or directly at https://know.genesys.com.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud)
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources