Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Invite people to chat group with link, email/push notification

GENESYS
    Posted 02-24-2017 22:49

I'm sure this has already been thought of but it would be **awesome** if as a chat user I could invite people to a chat discussion using a link in a similar fashion to how you can invite people slack groups.

Despite people in our org having an account, and being invited to group (using the + icon), most of them do not know a discussion is happening because they haven't logged in. An email notification (or Push notification for mobile) would also be a great addition.

Example:

https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/201330256-Invite-new-members-to-your-Slack-team

Thanks

-CC

• 2.  RE: Invite people to chat group with link, email/push notification

GENESYS
    Posted 02-28-2017 20:10

Using @username to "mention" someone in a group chat will pull that user in and also notify them per their notification settings that they have a new chat in that group (pop-up, sound, red badge with a number on the group...)

It pops the configured notification in the mobile app as well.

No email notification, though, so it still won't notify them if not logged in somewhere.

• 3.  RE: Invite people to chat group with link, email/push notification

GENESYS
    Posted 02-28-2017 20:22

One other note, as I read back through the linked Slack documentation...

What the Slack page describes is the equivalent to inviting someone to join your PureCloud Org, not equivalent to inviting someone into a chat group within an Org.

So, apples to apples, we do what Slack does - we send an email when a new user is invited to join an existing PureCloud Org.

I hope that's somewhat clear...

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources