Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Transfer calls to external contact

Posted 02-24-2017 08:38

Good morning guys,

Sometimes our agents needs to forward calls to an external contact.

Can someone told me if is possible to create a new contact and transfer to it from an agent?

Thanks

Stefano

• 2.  RE: Transfer calls to external contact

GENESYS
    Posted 02-24-2017 14:59

No, you cannot. You have to type in the number for anyone who is not in the PureCloud Directory (though PureCloud Relate is under development, and will give you the ability to call external contacts from the PureCloud user interface).

• 3.  RE: Transfer calls to external contact

Posted 02-26-2017 22:59

We actually do this often, we have external numbers we transfer to regularly so we have created a contact for these numbers and our agents can simply search the directory and transfer the call with no issue. 

• 4.  RE: Transfer calls to external contact

Posted 03-06-2017 17:05

I've created users in Pure Cloud with External number as Primary line, so internal agents can transfers calls to these users.

Do you know if I need to pay for these "external users"?In reality all these users will never be logged in in the system.

Could you please let me know?

Thanks

Stefano

• 5.  RE: Transfer calls to external contact

Posted 03-30-2017 20:38

The external contacts feature that George mentioned was released yesterday. You should be able to leverage those to place and transfer business calls to external contacts as well as place and transfer ACD calls. More information about the release here:  https://help.mypurecloud.com/release-notes/

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources