Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Voicemail greeting length

Posted 02-23-2017 19:30

Has anyone been able to extend the length available for recording a voicemail greeting? I have a client that has a requirement of a long voicemail greeting (legal stuff) and can't speak fast enough:) 

• 2.  RE: Voicemail greeting length

GENESYS
    Posted 02-23-2017 23:23

I don't know of a way to change the length available.

My best guess (which I haven't tried) would be to go through the API and create the user's greeting using the POST documented on this page https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/rest/v2/greetings/index.html to create a user greeting.

• 3.  RE: Voicemail greeting length

Posted 03-01-2017 21:40

Megan, can I ask you something.. I also don't know of a way to extend that, but the problem we had (a lot) was that the PureCloud Outbound system was NOT leaving the pre-recorded message in it's full length, some were cut off, and in some cases it would not leave the message at all. How do you guys resolve or work around this? Because the support team said there was nothing they can do about this. We actually had to go back to using  Call-em-all service just to make outbound calls.

Basically the system can NOT tell or recognize when to actually start playing the pre-recorded message. We started having a lot of problems with customers saying we never called them!

Appreciate your feedback. Thx

• 4.  RE: Voicemail greeting length

Posted 03-01-2017 21:55

Rodrigo,

I don't have the experience with this for outbound campaigns. My issue was with the recorded voicemail greeting.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources