Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Problems with PureCloud for Chrome

Posted 02-02-2017 15:48

I have been playing with PureCloud for Chrome and run into a couple of issues.  Wanted to see if others have the same.

1. When running it by itself, it does not execute the screen pop action defined in architect.  In order for that to work i have to run the full PureCloud client window.
    2. I have Skype installed and it is automatically defaulting to using skype to make the phone call.  How can I get chrome/ PureCloud for chrome registered as my default application?
    3. The documentation talks about the ability to select text, right click, and Make Call.  I am not seeing this option. 

• 2.  RE: Problems with PureCloud for Chrome

Posted 02-02-2017 15:59

Actually I now see that i have to install the PureCloud for Chrome add-on as well.  Why do I need to add two chrome extension for this integration?  Once I added the "add-on" item, i was able to perform #2 and #3, but #1 is still not working.

• 3.  RE: Problems with PureCloud for Chrome

GENESYS
    Posted 02-02-2017 16:16

#1 may be the limitation on what type of screen pops it supports - did you set everything up per the instructions on https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/screen-pop-in-purecloud-for-chrome/ ?

• 4.  RE: Problems with PureCloud for Chrome

Posted 02-02-2017 16:21

Didn't notice that article.  Thanks George.  Do you happen to know why the integration requires downloading two extensions?

• 5.  RE: Problems with PureCloud for Chrome

Posted 02-02-2017 16:59

Hi, Mike.  Thanks so much for giving PureCloud for Chrome a spin and for your questions.

It seems like the main one that's left is, "Why did I need to download two thing?"

The answer is basically the capabilities that Google provides for Chrome apps versus the capabilities that Google provides for Chrome extensions.  We used an app because that gave us "always on top" functionality.  We used an extension because that gave us the click-to-dial/make call functionality, and it also gave us the ability to have an options section, which folks use to point to the correct region for their application.

Does that help?  Let us know.  And, thanks again!

• 6.  RE: Problems with PureCloud for Chrome

GENESYS
    Posted 02-02-2017 17:01

Hah! Just typed and deleted a rough version of that same answer :-)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources