Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Enable the use of FindUser/FindQueue in Inbound Call Flows

• 1.  Enable the use of FindUser/FindQueue in Inbound Call Flows

Posted 01-19-2017 14:27

Request:I am attempting to write an Architect Flow that will dynamiccly route the call based on the result of a data dip. The FindUser / FindQueue methods indicate they can not be used in an Inbound Call Flow.

Benefits:Bring PureEngage closer to feature parity with the premise offering PureConnect.

'FindUser' at position 1 : The implementation that takes a parameter of type String is not valid for use in a flow of type Inbound Call Flow.

'FindQueue' at position 1 : The implementation that takes a parameter of type String is not valid for use in a flow of type Inbound Call Flow.

• 2.  RE: Enable the use of FindUser/FindQueue in Inbound Call Flows

Posted 01-19-2017 14:56

This is a request we've gotten before, unfortunately implementing it would be trickier than you realize.  However we do have a workaround you can use. 

See https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/convert-string-value-typed-value/

• 3.  RE: Enable the use of FindUser/FindQueue in Inbound Call Flows

Posted 01-19-2017 15:05

Currently, Architect does not include a built-in function that converts a string to a network-based type. Architect does not support this function for various reasons:

•At call flow runtime the resolution of a network-based data type, for example a queue from a string, currently requires a round trip from the edge to the cloud. This scenario can potentially create a lot of network traffic.

-----This can be mitigated by keeping a cache on the system running architect of the string to guid assignments of the relevant object types (users,queues,groups,skills,wrapup codes) if no match it will return type(NOT_SET) and the transfer will take the failure path

•An edge may run while disconnected. In this case, runtime resolution of a string value to a network based value is not possible by calling the cloud.

-----This can be mitigated by keeping a cache on the edge of the string to guid assignments of the relevant object types (users,queues,groups,skills,wrapup codes) if no match it will return type(NOT_SET) and the transfer will take the failure path

•In the rare case of two network based objects with the same name, lookup by name becomes ambiguous because the system could return two or more objects with the same name.

-----This can be mitigated by returning type(NOT_SET) for ambiguous results and the transfer will take the failure path

------------Note that the documentation for FindQueue and FindUser say this is what will happen in an ambiguous result.

• 4.  RE: Enable the use of FindUser/FindQueue in Inbound Call Flows

Posted 10-17-2018 11:59
    After almost two years, why hasn't this basic functionality made its way into PureCloud? The amount of effort needed to overcome the lack of these basic functions is ludicrous when having to be replicated over and over call flow to call flow with the chances for errors increasing with each replication.

If you're interested in voting for FindQueue and FindUser for more than e-mail: https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-386

------------------------------
    Patrick Rada
    Keypath Education LLC

• 5.  RE: Enable the use of FindUser/FindQueue in Inbound Call Flows

GENESYS
    Posted 10-17-2018 12:06

Hi Patrick,

These features are already in development or scheduled.

FindQueue is in development and is slated for end of the year. We will do FindSkill after and then FindUser, we are aiming for H1 2019 for these.

Kind Regards,

Rebecca

Rebecca Owens

Product Manager, PureCloud Self-Service

image001.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0

M +1 919 695 1122

rebecca.owens@genesys.com

image001.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0

image002.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0

image003.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0image004.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0image005.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0image006.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0image007.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0image008.jpg@01D2D874.EDCA4DB0

• 6.  RE: Enable the use of FindUser/FindQueue in Inbound Call Flows

Posted 09-16-2019 08:18
    Edited by George Ganahl 09-16-2019 10:36
    Hi @Rebecca Owens

I can see that the FindQueue is here and is working just fine. 

Do you have an idea of when the FindUser and FindSkill will arrive?

Thomas Valhøj
    TDC A/S

• 7.  RE: Enable the use of FindUser/FindQueue in Inbound Call Flows

GENESYS
    Posted 09-16-2019 10:44

HI @Thomas Valh�j FindUser is also already in production.

FindSkill will be early Q4.

Rebecca Owens
    PureCloud Self-Service Product Manager
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Enable the use of FindUser/FindQueue in Inbound Call Flows

Posted 09-16-2019 11:02
    Hi @Rebecca Owens

I guess my issue is a bit different. I receive a name as a string from a SalesForce integration and need to transfer the call to a PureCloud user with the same name.

When I try to use FindUser in the same way as FindQueue in the Inbound Call Flow, I get the following message:

FindUser' at position 1 : The implementation that takes a parameter of type String is not valid for use in a flow of type Inbound Call Flow.

I have tried in 2 ways:

FindUser(Flow.CaseOwner)

FindUser(ToUser(Flow.CaseOwner))

None of them are doable.

Can you tell me if it is possible at all?

-------------------------
    Thomas Valhøj
    TDC A/S

• 9.  RE: Enable the use of FindUser/FindQueue in Inbound Call Flows

GENESYS
    Posted 09-16-2019 11:06
    @Thomas Valh�j We will not be implementing find user by name as its not necessarily a unique identifier. We have ​find user by email on the roadmap for 2020 but the feature is not yet resourced. Would it be of any use to you?

Rebecca Owens
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Enable the use of FindUser/FindQueue in Inbound Call Flows

Posted 09-16-2019 11:27
    Hi Rebecca

First of all. Thanks for your fast reply.

FindUser by e-mail will be very helpful.

Is there any other way to identify an agent in order to transfer the call to a case owner pr similar?

Thomas Valhøj
    TDC A/S

• 11.  RE: Enable the use of FindUser/FindQueue in Inbound Call Flows

GENESYS
    Posted 09-16-2019 11:37
    Thanks, can you please register your interest in the find user by email on our ideas lab? (https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLSELF-I-143)

That will help me get it prioritized if we have customer interest in the feature.

@Melissa Bailey can you think of any workaround that Thomas could use while he waits for find user by email address?​

Rebecca Owens
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Enable the use of FindUser/FindQueue in Inbound Call Flows

GENESYS
    Posted 09-16-2019 11:47
    I would presume you build a custom Action for the PureCloud Data Actions integration and use a Call Data Action to pass in a user name, have the Custom Action return the UserId, and use that in the Find User by Id action in Architect?

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 13.  RE: Enable the use of FindUser/FindQueue in Inbound Call Flows

GENESYS
    Posted 09-16-2019 11:49

If you have a small number of agents, use the parallel arrays approach.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/convert-string-value-typed-value/

The other workaround would be to write a data action to look up the user's id using the /api/v2/users/search endpoint, then use the FindUserById action or expression to fetch the user with the id from the data action's response.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources