Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can someone explain how non-ACD calls work with agent utilization?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-02-2016 17:41

I'm having a little trouble understanding what the "include non-ACD conversations" check box means in the Manage Utilization settings (get there by going to Admin > Contact Center > Utilization). What does that mean for agents if it is or isn't checked? Why would I want my org to use it? 

• 2.  RE: Can someone explain how non-ACD calls work with agent utilization?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-02-2016 19:00

The default behavior for an ACD queue is that when an agent is on a non-ACD call, ACD interactions will still alert on that Agent's queue. An ACD will interrupt a non-ACD call, and when the agent answers the incoming interaction it puts the non-ACD call on hold, causing some confusion.

Some contact centers prefer to use the Utilization settings to determine whether an incoming ACD interaction should be allowed to interrupt a non-ACD call. Checking the box for Include non-ACD conversations does just that. By default, that will prevent all ACD interactions from interrupting a non-ACD call.

In practice, most contact centers will probably change the Utilization settings to allow Chat, Email, and Social Media to interrup a Voice interaction, so that an Agent who is on a call can still perform ACD work on the other interaction types. Keep in mind, the Utilization settings are global, not limited to a specific queue, so the settings need to be configured in a way that accommodates all of the queues.

Another possible drawback to turning on the setting is that agents may figure out that if they place a call from the PureCloud client to their cell phone, it will prevent them from receiving ACD calls (and other ACD interactions that are not allowed to interrupt a call) - something for contact center supervisors to keep an eye on.

• 3.  RE: Can someone explain how non-ACD calls work with agent utilization?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-04-2016 18:21

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't think of an agent using it to prevent incoming calls, so that is good for supervisors to look out for. 

• 4.  RE: Can someone explain how non-ACD calls work with agent utilization?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-10-2016 07:55

Utilization is a component of assignment service (ACD interactions). Non-ACD calls (direct inward dials, or group rings) leverage a different approach to assignment. Typically, non-acd are delivered to business users vs agents. However, if you have an agent on a non-acd interaction I don't believe we will withhold assignment of a new voice interaction; even if the utilization is set to 1. 

• 5.  RE: Can someone explain how non-ACD calls work with agent utilization?

Posted 11-17-2016 18:36

@Pablo Hernandez Here's some more information about the "Include non-ACD conversations" check box and how it's used. 

• 6.  RE: Can someone explain how non-ACD calls work with agent utilization?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-17-2016 19:06

Checking.... Thanks @Jordan Rucker!  

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources