Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can I see in architect that a call flow is in production?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-02-2016 17:24

• 2.  RE: Can I see in architect that a call flow is in production?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-02-2016 19:35

Sorry...can you expand a little on what you mean by "in production"?

• 3.  RE: Can I see in architect that a call flow is in production?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-02-2016 19:39

Well, initially I meant "being used" but now I've got to wonder, is there another option beyond being used or not being used?

• 4.  RE: Can I see in architect that a call flow is in production?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-02-2016 19:58

Ok, starting with seeing whether a call flow is being used...the only place I know to find that information is in the PureCloud Admin interface, not in Architect.

The reason I asked for a definition of "in production" is that you can actually unpublish a flow in Architect, making it unavailable for use by PureCloud. From the Architect home page you would select a call flow, click on the Versions button, and click Unpublish.

If the flow is already in use by an IVR configuration, an error will pop telling you so, and it will not unpublish. Otherwise, the flow will be unpublished, and you can tell in the Home page because the Published column will not contain a number for that flow (see attached screen shot).

I hope that helps.

• 5.  RE: Can I see in architect that a call flow is in production?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-03-2016 12:36

Thanks @George Ganahl !

• 6.  RE: Can I see in architect that a call flow is in production?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-10-2016 08:00

I recommend avoiding the conceptualization of "in production". From a PureCloud perspective that is an archaic nomenclature from my perspective. Architect flows have 4 possible states: Saved, Checked-in, Published, and Unpublished. Likely "Published" is the closest correlation to what you are asking about. "Published" = pushed to the Edge and available for use for the next new interaction. 

To see a list of of "Published" flows, on the home page in Architect on the Published column click on the filter and select Published. This will filter the grid of flows to only display those flows that have successfully been published. 

published

• 7.  RE: Can I see in architect that a call flow is in production?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-10-2016 13:43

Thanks @Nicholas Luthy That clarification will help going forward!

• 8.  RE: Can I see in architect that a call flow is in production?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-10-2016 15:02

Thanks, @Nicholas Luthy ! 

Shanti's original question was more along the lines of, "Can I tell from within Architect whether or not a flow is associated with an IVR Configuration" (a.k.a. being used in PureCloud). 

I don't know of a way to see that within Architect, other than trying to unpublish or delete a flow and getting the pop-up telling me it's in use, so it can be unpublished or deleted. Is tehre a way to display IVR associations for a flow within Architect, so someone knows which IVR Configuration they are affecting when they make changes (especially if they only have permissions for Architect, and not for telephony Admin in the Admin interface)?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources