Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can you change the hold music that plays when an agent places a customer on hold?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-24-2016 17:38

An organization wanted to play custom audio when their agents place their callers on hold.

• 2.  RE: Can you change the hold music that plays when an agent places a customer on hold?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-25-2016 13:30

Not at this time. Though it is something that the product teams are considering for a future enhancement. You can however change the music during the ACD on hold (ie prior to assignment) experience. 

• 3.  RE: Can you change the hold music that plays when an agent places a customer on hold?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-25-2016 14:48

That'd be great!  I know a lot of customers get tired of hearing the hold music...  It'd be awesome if that was able to change dynamically based on current promos or something.

• 4.  RE: Can you change the hold music that plays when an agent places a customer on hold?

Posted 09-11-2020 09:21
    Good morning:

I appreciate if you can confirm to us if this requested feature was released in order to be set in a in-queue flow or to be used only in a specific queue?

Thank you.

------------------------------
    William Martín Chávez González
    Systems Engineer
    Global Networks Solutions S.A.S.

• 5.  RE: Can you change the hold music that plays when an agent places a customer on hold?

Posted 02-11-2018 11:57

Hello,

Is it already possible to change the music on hold ?

Regards

• 6.  RE: Can you change the hold music that plays when an agent places a customer on hold?

GENESYS
    Posted 09-11-2020 09:28
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/customize-agent-initiated-hold-music/

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Can you change the hold music that plays when an agent places a customer on hold?

Posted 12-01-2020 10:15
    Hi Melissa,

I've read that article..and was told that a way around changing the agent-initiated Hold Music was to change the system's on_hold_music. Since all of our IVRs are built in EN-US, I've  changed the default for a completely different language (EN-GB). This was a viable work-around and it worked for a while, but randomly stopped working.The system reverts back to pulling the EN-US default on_hold_music even though the Inbound and Inqueue call flows are all EN-GB. Support and devs cant figure out why it's not pulling the appropriate language and have thrown their hands in the air . They suggested we vote on a work around feature request, but could not come up with a solution.

Angel R.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources