Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Priority On Internal Queue Transfer

• 1.  Priority On Internal Queue Transfer

Posted 05-03-2021 13:36
    Is there a way to reprioritize a call when making an internal queue to queue transfer? We have priorities set to match our customer call volumes but when an agent fields a call that ultimately needs to go to escalation for resolution the calls often sit for an unacceptable time before getting to the front of the line for assistance. We would like to have some systematic help to get these calls picked up first. 
    Thanks ​
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Nathan Washam
    JACK HENRY & ASSOCIATES, INC.

• 2.  RE: Priority On Internal Queue Transfer

Posted 05-03-2021 17:52
    Hi Nathan

Some of the ideas put forward on this one have been to use the in-queue call flow associated with that queue to essentially send it back to itself - so pick up the original queue name and then use a Transfer to ACD task to send it back to the same queue again - setting the priority there, or have virtual/dummy queues and when the user transfers to that, essentially do the same thing but use that in-queue flow to send it to the "correct" queue.

Another thought is to do the transfer within a script so that you could actually send the call to a flow or number tied to a call routing flow instead - and have the logic in there.  You could pass in the queue name from a variable in the script.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Priority On Internal Queue Transfer

Posted 05-04-2021 08:37
    Great ideas Vaun!

Nathan Smith
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    ndsmith@convergeone.com

• 4.  RE: Priority On Internal Queue Transfer

GENESYS
    Posted 05-04-2021 10:39
    Nathan - the other, related solution I see lots of customers do is create a dumb 'transfer queue' that has no members and immediately calls an in-queue flow.  This guarantees the priority of the interaction is raised.  Using an in-queue flow directly in the target queue will only raise the priority if no agents are available - which, quite frankly, may be good enough, but using the dummy queue also makes reporting on transfers quite easy!

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 5.  RE: Priority On Internal Queue Transfer

Posted 05-05-2021 04:46
    Hi Chris, regarding using the dummy queue with no agents, that raises the priority but is that priority maintained if you overflow to another queue as ultimately you need to get it to an agent?
    Not sure I see the benefit of a dummy queue if we can increase the priority and target the same queue. The reporting would still allow to track the call as a transfer without the need for a specific transfer queue (arguably having a dedicated transfer Q makes it simpler to monitor).
    Thanks

Hichem Agrebi

• 6.  RE: Priority On Internal Queue Transfer

GENESYS
    Posted 05-06-2021 17:50
    Totally valid, Hichem.   I was really just pointing out what I've seen other due.  Agree the in-queue flow will meet your use case!

Chris Bohlin

• 7.  RE: Priority On Internal Queue Transfer

Posted 05-06-2021 17:59
    Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!

Nathan Washam
    JACK HENRY & ASSOCIATES, INC.

• 8.  RE: Priority On Internal Queue Transfer

Posted 02-11-2022 18:01
    Do you know if this solution works?

Danielle La Compte
    The Chamberlain Group, Inc.

• 9.  RE: Priority On Internal Queue Transfer

Posted 07-06-2021 06:14
    Hi Nathan, 
    Transfer to flow using a script, check for load balancing (like engage) data actions development, automatically transfer call to least busy queue. Done it works. 
    Kind Regards

Warren Beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

• 10.  RE: Priority On Internal Queue Transfer

Posted 02-11-2022 18:01
    Does anyone know if any of the solutions worked out?  I asked because  we're facing the exact same problem.  We have agents who need to transfer between queues.  The solution that was given was to create dumb queues for EACH of my 20 queues on my HOME Division and a dummy queue for each of my queues on division 2.  We're talking appx ~ 30+ queues for my RTA's to monitor.  The dummy queue doesn't seem like a clean long term solution.

Danielle La Compte
    The Chamberlain Group, Inc.

• 11.  RE: Priority On Internal Queue Transfer

GENESYS
    Posted 02-14-2022 09:28
    All - please note that since posting my original comments last year - we have since introduced new functionality in architect to increase the priority of interactions.  As such - the easiest way to perform this function now would be to call and in-queue flow and increase the priority of waiting interactions.  You would need to use a data action to look up the conversation object & look at the participants to decide if it's a transfer or not and then use the new set priority action to increase the priority.

Hope that helps!

Chris Bohlin

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources