Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Send SMS when SMS interaction ends

Posted 12-22-2021 10:26
    I'm looking to send the customer an SMS/Text when the SMS/Text interaction ends.  So the customer would send us a text, the agent would respond and take care of the agent, then when the agent ends the interaction, an automatic SMS message would be sent to the customer.

Could somebody point me to a thread or explain how this is accomplished?  Thanks in advance.
    #Outbound
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Pol Buckingham
    f'real foods llc

• 2.  RE: Send SMS when SMS interaction ends

GENESYS
    Posted 12-23-2021 11:11
    Hi Pol,

Set up a Survey Policy that will fire after every SMS interaction that an agent handles gets wrapped up.  That policy will invoke a Survey Flow in Architect.  The Survey Flow is typically used to send an SMS with a link to the Genesys-defined Survey, but you don't have to send a Survey and can really do anything in that Survey Flow that you want after the SMS interaction is wrapped up.  In your case you can send whatever SMS message you want with the built-in blocks, or you could call a Genesys Cloud Data Action to would call the Agentless SMS API.

I hope that helps.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 3.  RE: Send SMS when SMS interaction ends

Posted 02-25-2022 17:38
    Edited by Pol Buckingham 02-25-2022 17:44
    Thank so much for the reply.  I seem to be stuck still:

I have created a Survey Policy via Admin>Quality Admin>Policies.
    I selected the interaction type and under the Actions To Perform column I have 'Send Web Surveys' checked.
    I created a Survey Form though I don't think in my case I'll be using it.
    I created a flow in the Architect and selected that flow here.
    For the 'Invitation Sending Domain' I selected our only option.

In the architect I created a flow under the Post Interactions>Survey Invite
    And this is where I'm a little lost.  Of the data blocks I have I selected 'Complete Survey' and set the 'Target Email Address', 'Invite Sender', and 'Invite Body' all to Literal and entered plain text since I'm not trying to link up to a Survey and only trying to send out a message at the end of the interaction.

But I can't get anything to kick back when a SMS interaction gets closed.

If anybody can help me where I'm going wrong, I would appreciate it.

Pol Buckingham
    f'real foods llc

• 4.  RE: Send SMS when SMS interaction ends

Posted 02-26-2022 12:13
    Survey flow currently only Emails surveys.  To get around this, you need to do either of the following:

1. Convert SMS number to Email
    Look up the SMS number with a site that will tell you the carrier then use the SMS@carrieremail as the email address.  There are many web services out there that cna get you the email address for the SMS or use a table and use a web service to look up the carrier.

2.  Use a data action to send SMS
    If you are GC3, you can use the Agentless SMS with a data action in the survey flow to send the URL that would be sent out via Email with SMS instead and then just send the survey out to a dummy address.  This will allow the survey tracking to be turned on and for the URL to be delivered via SMS. 

We have done this for several customers and Avtex/ttec could assist you if you run into problems.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources