Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can this be done?

Posted 12-30-2020 12:41

Hello everyone...

I currently have an IVR with options 1 through 4. Option 1 goes to one of our vendors that are open 24hrs. My site closes at 8pm at which time my "Off hours" is turned on. Is there a way to have IVR option 1 be available 24hrs and my other options still be able to be "closed" at 8pm?

Does that make sense??

Thanks in advance!

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Dan Fragola
    Indy Health

• 2.  RE: Can this be done?

Posted 12-30-2020 13:39
    Edited by Michael Steinke 12-30-2020 13:42

Have your option 2-4 got to a series of reusable tasks that do either a schedule or schedule group evaluation to then follow the appropriate open or closed path.

Mike Steinke
    Inflow Communications

• 3.  RE: Can this be done?

Posted 12-30-2020 13:43
    Edited by Dan Fontaine 12-30-2020 13:44

There are a few ways you could do this based on how you are making the decision whether to tell the customer that you are open or closed.

Are you using Scheduled Based Routing? Admin -> Routing -> Call Routing -> [Your Call Route item]

Or, are you using the Evaluate Schedule Group action in Architect to see if the center is open or closed? 

{edit} - what Mike said 

Dan Fontaine
    Altivon - a ConvergeOne Company

• 4.  RE: Can this be done?

Posted 12-30-2020 13:59

Schedule Based

Dan Fragola
    Indy Health

• 5.  RE: Can this be done?

Posted 12-30-2020 14:06

or

Mike Steinke
    Inflow Communications

• 6.  RE: Can this be done?

Posted 12-30-2020 14:25

So, yeah, whatever is easiest for the team to maintain -- it really could be a toss-up which approach is best.

You can have one flow in Architect and do what Mike is suggesting - make decisions what to do in the Flow based on a Schedule.

Or you can have 1-3 flows in Architect and use schedule-based routing. For example:

- Open flow - Press 1 for X, Press 2 for Y, Press 3 for Z

- Closed flow - Closed Announcement for X, Press 2 for Y, Press 3 for Z, Press 4 for Self-Service Options that are available 

- Holiday flow - Closed Announcement for X, Press 2 for Y, Closed Announcement for Z, Press 4 for Self-Service Options that are available

Whatever is most convenient for  you.

Using one flow like Mike suggests could save you some extra time if, for example, your external transfer number changes, because you'd only have to go into one flow and make that change. Whereas, with 3 flows you'll have to make that change 3 times.

I would use Mike's suggestion unless my flows for Open, Closed, and Holiday are super different (do different things) or are complex to start with so it's just easier to break it up into 2 or 3 different flows.

But whatever is easiest to manage later is always good.

Dan Fontaine

• 7.  RE: Can this be done?

Posted 12-30-2020 16:03
    I'm not comfortable messing with it. Since I'm not sure if I explained it properly. I'll try again and see if the result is the same.

Between the hours of 7am and 8pm people call our number. At which time they choose prompt 1-4. All good.

At 8pm our phones shut off and go to our Closed status.

Is it possible to have that same number be called and instead of the CLOSED message since option 1 goes to one of our vendors.

Or do I need to set up a whole new flow? 

Thanks in advance for everyone's help! This is a bit confusing and super new for me

Dan Fragola
    Indy Health

• 8.  RE: Can this be done?

Posted 12-30-2020 16:26
    Do you still offer options 2-4 when during the "closed" hours?

Mike Steinke
    Inflow Communications

• 9.  RE: Can this be done?

Posted 12-30-2020 16:42
    No....

Dan Fragola
    Indy Health

• 10.  RE: Can this be done?

Posted 12-30-2020 17:02
    If you are using the Indy Health Schedules to route your calls then you are already using 3 flows: Indy Health IVR, Indy Health Closed IVR, Indy Health Holiday IVR.

These 3 flows (Indy Health IVR, Indy Health Closed IVR, Indy Health Holiday IVR) really don't care what time it is. That is, based on what we've discussed so far, I'm guessing there is nothing in those flows that is using the Evaluate Schedule Action that Mike and I have talked about.

What is concerned with what time it is is your Indy Health Schedules. When it is 8:00, according to the Schedule, you are Closed, if you set up your Indy Health Schedules correctly, the Schedule Based Routing will send the caller to the Indy Health Closed IVR. That's what you have in the picture above anyway.

So, if you want to offer the option for the caller to press 1 to go to an external number when the Indy Health Schedules determines that you are Closed then you need to modify the Indy Health Closed IVR Inbound Flow in Architect.

Dan Fontaine

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources