Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Inbound Number Plan / Translations on a BYOC Trunk

Posted 10-01-2020 08:01
    Hi All, 

Has anyone done any extension based translation rules on inbound calls to a byoc cloud trunk? The use case I'm shooting for would allow us to receive an inbound string that's a derivative of a full e.164 number, and then map it to a route in Genesys via a regular expression. 

For example, if the full number is +14045551212, we would receive +551212@ourdomain.mypurecloud.com, then map that string to an alternate did number in purecloud - something like 13335551212 that would allow us to route it to a flow. 

By doing this we'd still be able to allow an end user to have that original full number as their personal extension so that when they make outbound calls their correct did will show. 

It's complicated, but we're really struggling with managing outbound caller id presentation. 

Any thoughts/ideas are much appreciated! 
    Dean.
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 2.  RE: Inbound Number Plan / Translations on a BYOC Trunk

GENESYS
    Posted 10-01-2020 13:13

In your example it is not apparent why you want to send the number to GC as the fractional "extension" rather than the alternate number itself - which seems like an option.  Route the number as +1333xxxxxxx rather than just the extension, but I feel you have some options available using regex number plans.

In the below example I converted an inbound number, which is a DID within a defined DID range - however it is not assigned - to another DID in a DID range that is assigned.  With RegEx you can get trickier than this simple model to capture a larger range of numbers and manipulate them with a single rule.  

Phil Whitener
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Inbound Number Plan / Translations on a BYOC Trunk

Posted 10-01-2020 13:25
    Thanks Phil, 
    Idea here is to make it as easy on my provider as possible. If they're just truncating to last six it's much easier for them than having to create new "fake" numbers for routes. 
    So in your example you're saying I could do that same thing with a shorter / non e.164 string? ... ^\+123456
    Which site should that number plan be associated with in order to be processed? The default one with the Genesys edges? 
    Also, i see you have the classification set as Internal... I'm not seeing that as an option in the pulldown, but I can type it in manually. Will that work?

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 4.  RE: Inbound Number Plan / Translations on a BYOC Trunk

GENESYS
    Posted 10-01-2020 14:19
    Inbound rules will likely only need to be created in your Default Site.  However, if users with stations in other sites expect to use the same manipulations you may need to propagate them to other sites - but that does not seem to be needed in your scenario.

Yes, if you want to match non-E.164 numbers, you can use match any format with the appropriate regex value.  You can also use dynamic attributes, such as  ^\+\d{6}$ to capture a + (plus) followed by 6 digits.  I believe you can omit the "plus" as well if you want.

New Classifications can be created dynamically by typing free text in the Classifications field on the Number Plans tab.  When the Number Plans are saved, the classifications you create will be available in Outbound Routes for assignment.  You can call the classification anything you want.  In this case you do not need to apply this classification to an Outbound Route as it is only for inbound routing.

Phil Whitener
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Inbound Number Plan / Translations on a BYOC Trunk

Posted 10-05-2020 14:43
    Ok, Got it! Thanks Phil. 
    I'm not really clear on the relationship between the trunk, the site and the number plan however. The rule doesn't work when applied to my default site, but does work with the site that I created for the sip trunk that has that trunk as the top priority for outbound routing. 
    Seems to me like there'd be a site/trunk correlation somewhere on the trunk form. 
    Anywho, thanks for the lead. 
    Dean.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 6.  RE: Inbound Number Plan / Translations on a BYOC Trunk

GENESYS
    Posted 10-05-2020 17:29
    That makes sense if your trunk is not associated with the default site.  Trunks are mapped to sites through Outbound Routes.  Even though an Inbound Route mapping does not exist, Inbound Routing is derived from the Outbound Routes mapping as well.  A disabled Outbound Route is essentially an "inbound-only route".

Trunks do not have site assignments because the site mapping happens when the trunks are assigned to routes.  In some configurations it may be desired to map a single trunk to multiple sites; and this is allowed.  For outbound routing users are mapped to a site based on the station they are connected to; when they dial a number outbound rules are applied based on their station's site. 

I hope this helps explain how it is working currently.

Phil Whitener
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Inbound Number Plan / Translations on a BYOC Trunk

Posted 10-06-2020 06:48
    LOL... Now I have a bunch of questions about outbound routes! I'll figure them out...

I do have one more question on this particular topic though. In the conversation details via the api, there's no indication of the regex activity/transformation. So if a support rep were to look at that, they'd have no idea that the inbound dnis was modified to match another number, or what site the call is associated with, which could be confusing. 

Is there a way to fetch that information via an api? I'm not seeing one....

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 8.  RE: Inbound Number Plan / Translations on a BYOC Trunk

GENESYS
    Posted 10-06-2020 16:25
    Edited by Phil Whitener 10-06-2020 16:26
    I looked as well, and it does not appear anything is exposed on that api endpoint. Although it is not exposed it is on the conversation and it could possibly be exposed in a later release. If you look below at the "addressRaw" it shows how the call was received.  If that was exposed do you think you could derive the original DNIS from the SIP string?

In my case, i called +13176998633 and it was manipulated and delivered to +13176997623

"dnis": {
                "addressNormalized": "tel:+13176997623",
                "addressRaw": "sip:+13176998633@10.32.15.5:8140",
                "addressDisplayable": "unavailable"
              },

Phil Whitener
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Inbound Number Plan / Translations on a BYOC Trunk

Posted 10-08-2020 08:38
    Yeah... i'm seeing the same thing. 
    I think some additional info there re what site & number plan matched and is processing the attempt and what it's doing would be really helpful. 
    Thanks Phil!

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 10.  RE: Inbound Number Plan / Translations on a BYOC Trunk

GENESYS
    Posted 10-12-2020 16:16
    A colleague created an Idea to get this added to the product.  You can vote to have this info added to the API here: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ANA-I-219

Phil Whitener
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources