Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Impact of Deleting/Deactivating Users

Posted 04-18-2019 12:13
    Haven't been able to find a clear answer in Genesys's help center around this, and want to confirm what I think is true is actually true. When you delete/deactivate a user, if they have open emails assigned to them, do those emails automatically route back to the queue? I would think this would be the expected behavior, but want to confirm this to be the case. Thanks.
    #SystemAdministration

• 2.  RE: Impact of Deleting/Deactivating Users

Posted 07-23-2019 15:59
    We have the same general question about when we should delete vs. deactivate users.

We don't have the same specific question as David because we don't route emails with PureCloud yet but we are wondering about any other implications of deleting vs. deactivating.

------------------------------
    Jason Rogers
    Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan

• 3.  RE: Impact of Deleting/Deactivating Users

Posted 01-14-2020 17:00
    Hi David,

In this particular case, you will have to restore the user to answer or forward the interaction to another queue/user. Otherwise, this message will be under the interacting list forever.

Another thing you can do is manually disconnect the PureCloud interaction and reply to the customer via Outlook.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 4.  RE: Impact of Deleting/Deactivating Users

Posted 01-21-2020 14:40
    Our company often hires people back for our busy seasons in the fall and spring, so we were deactivating them.  We found by doing it this way,  the WFM scheduled breaks and time off prompts would not work when they were rehired.  

So we started to delete the users, which allowed WFM to come up correctly,  BUT any interaction that had their name attached to it was lost due to their name being deleted.  

We now deactivate just because its more important to have the history of interactions than issues within WFM

[Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Business Systems Analyst]
    [Kal Tire]

• 5.  RE: Impact of Deleting/Deactivating Users

GENESYS
    Posted 01-21-2020 18:34
    Erin, can you speak more to the bit about "any interaction that had their name attached to it was lost due to their name being deleted"?

Reports and performance views specifically have check boxes to either show or not show data for Inactive and Deleted users. Is that option not doing what you need it to do?

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Impact of Deleting/Deactivating Users

Posted 01-22-2020 11:26
    Hi George, for us, we are not seeing these interactions via user once the user is deleted.  We can still find the interaction on its own but need the date, timeframe etc.  

If we de-activate a user, we are able to find the interactions without issues.

[Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Business Systems Analyst]
    [Kal Tire]

• 7.  RE: Impact of Deleting/Deactivating Users

GENESYS
    Posted 01-22-2020 17:35
    I'm probably not envisioning correctly what you are looking at.

Which view(s) and/or report(s) are you looking at, and not finding the information you need?

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud), ICCE
    Genesys

• 8.  RE: Impact of Deleting/Deactivating Users

Posted 07-12-2020 19:23
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 07-12-2020 19:23
    HI George

Sorry to jump on this thread, but where are these checkboxes you mention to view inactive/deleted user data?  I don't see it in the reports I"ve looked at.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 9.  RE: Impact of Deleting/Deactivating Users

GENESYS
    Posted 07-13-2020 16:00
    I'm not sure what I was thinking of when I said Reports.

For Performance views (which can be exported to create reports) it is in the Filters (but you probably already know that):

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources