Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Deletion of historical customer data on interactions

Posted 10-05-2020 04:05

Hi forum,

Has anyone found a clever way of deleting the customer phone numbers and e-mail addresses that all interactions are listed by?

It is particularly the <external participant> data field on the interactions (called <remote> in the interaction dashboard), that I am interested in deleting.

We have 3 years of interactions data and would prefer an easy option to set retention periods on this particular data, as is the case with policies on recordings.

I am aware that this will affect our reporting in Genesys Cloud, but as we transfer all data to our own data warehouse and do reporting in another business intelligence system, this is not an issue.

Furthermore I believe this to be in violation of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Security

------------------------------
    Jonas Kristensen
    HI3G Denmark ApS

• 2.  RE: Deletion of historical customer data on interactions

GENESYS
    Posted 10-05-2020 09:19
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/genesys-cloud-and-gdpr-compliance/

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Deletion of historical customer data on interactions

Posted 10-05-2020 10:32
    I don't believe that the link provided answers my question, but please elaborate and walk me through your proposed solution.

And also, please cross reference the compliance of your proposed solution here: https://gdpr.eu/

Jonas Kristensen
    HI3G Denmark ApS

• 4.  RE: Deletion of historical customer data on interactions

Posted 10-05-2020 13:47
    We have this same need, but not related to GDPR. We are an anonymous hotline and do not want to collect/store ANY PII, like telephone number.  If Genesys Cloud can delete this information for GDPR purposes, I am hopeful we can do it for all PII data.

However, I believe what Melissa was referring to is the GDPR API that Genesys has published to allow you to search for specific information (name, email, etc.) and then once the records are returned, use another API call to delete them.  The starting point for the API journey is here: https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/rest/v2/generaldataprotectionregulation/index.html

Wish I knew more about it.

Marty Hand
    National Domestic Violence Hotline

• 5.  RE: Deletion of historical customer data on interactions

GENESYS
    Posted 10-05-2020 17:49
    The gist of GDPR is that you can see see what information a company has about you, update it, and delete it.  Genesys Cloud has a GDPR that lets you see where the information is stored (the export), update it (the update), and delete/redact it (the delete).  So if you want to get rid of a phone number, do a export to see if/where it is used, then a delete to get rid of it.  Repeat for the email address.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Deletion of historical customer data on interactions

Posted 10-06-2020 05:17
    That is not entirely true. It is correct that you as an individual have the right to be forgotten, meaning the right to have all their data deleted
    But GDPR is more than that. The regulation also states that data should be deleted when no longer needed. As the data is our, I guess we get to decide when this data should be deleted, just like we can for recordings.

And currently we cannot delete this data, at least not to my knowledge. Sure we could use your right to be forgotten API, but that would delete alle customer interactions of customer X, I only want to delete the interactions for customer X that are older than Y days.

Jonas Kristensen
    HI3G Denmark ApS

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources