Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call Flow Design Help

Posted 10-09-2019 19:33
    This is long so thanks for staying with me on this question.

First a little about our business

Our call center receives calls for 4 different brands.

Each brand has their own flows. The primary difference in each flow is the greeting as they are customized to the brand and the number of self-service options offered

We have approximately 20 different toll free numbers to reach our call center

Currently our closed call flow for each brand all use the same self-service flows. Currently these flows do not allow the caller to be returned to the greeting message. Our customer service manager wants to give the caller the option to be returned to the greeting menu. The current design does not lend themselves to doing this. 

Since the greeting and options are all different, I'm wanting to design the closed call flows to use the same self service call flows rather than duplicating what we have and incorporating them into 4 new flows (1 for each brand).

My thought is if we knew what brand the customer called, we could return them to that menu to start over.  

Here is the question: Does the "record" of the call know what flow or phone number the caller called? If it does, how can I use this information to send the caller to the greeting they received when they called? Since we have 20 + phone numbers. Knowing the call flow would likely be easier to use (4 variables vs 20).

How I think this would work is something like this. The caller presses 9 to be retuned to the greeting. When they press 9 the information about the call is checked and then we would have a switch that would send them back to the appropriate flow based on that value using transfer to flow.

If this will work, what I need to know is how do I determine what flow or number the caller used and then how do I use that information. 

If what I think will not work, I'm looking for another way to accomplish what I want to do. 

Thanks for your suggestions.

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Ben Marthin
    Vehicle Service Group, LLC

• 2.  RE: Call Flow Design Help

Posted 10-10-2019 19:10
    Got this figured out. See my post titled "Setting and Getting Participant Data"​

Ben Marthin
    Vehicle Service Group, LLC

• 3.  RE: Call Flow Design Help

Posted 10-14-2019 09:21
    You need to make sure you can collect the participant data as advised - Ben's article is a good example!

Gordon Thomson
    Actavo

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources