Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Chat Routing Based on Content of Customer Request

Posted 04-02-2021 16:26
    Hello,

I am trying to figure out a way to route chat interactions based on the content of customer request.

When requesting to chat with us, customers can enter 2 inputs: Name and Request.

The goal is to route the chat interaction based on the content of the Request.
    For example, if the request contains the word "cancellation", the interaction would be routed to a selected pool of agents, or assigned to a defined call data action.

Is that something possible? If yes, how would I go about it?
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Louis D.

• 2.  RE: Chat Routing Based on Content of Customer Request

Posted 04-03-2021 00:09
    Yes, fairly standard.  You'll want to get the participant data that was set by the Chat widget, which in your case should be context.Request, and put that into a string variable.  Then you can use that variable to do whatever you want after using one or more string functions.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Chat Routing Based on Content of Customer Request

Posted 04-05-2021 10:33
    Hi Vaun,

Thank you for this.

I did this:
    Attribute = context.Request -> Value to assign = State.PreChatMessage

Another question:
    We have an Update Data before the decision. If I want to add another Update Data after the Decision, shall I add all the attributes or only the one I want to update?
    In step 179, I only added State.Skill in the Update Data. Would that work or shall I add the attributes of the step 29 as well?

Louis D.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources