Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Listening to live calls for training purposes

• 1.  Listening to live calls for training purposes

Posted 10-01-2021 13:56
    Hello Community,

My company is converting to Genesys Cloud and we're thinking about the future of training post conversion. Currently while we are remote the way we have it set up today is we pair our new employees with one of our tenured employees. From there the new employee is able to sit in and listen to their partners live call and see what's happening on their screen and vice versa. I'm trying to figure out how to replicate this training experience in Genesys Cloud. 

Are there certain permissions that we would need to grant agents? Does anyone have any tips or best practice in regards to training employees remotely?
    #RemoteWorkEnablement

------------------------------
    Shara Benson
    Senior User Experience Analyst
    Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
    q.benson@alaskausa.org

• 2.  RE: Listening to live calls for training purposes

Posted 10-04-2021 10:01
    We are using MS Teams to do screen sharing so they can hear the call and see the desktop at the same time.  The app needs to be installed on both computers for the audio to be shared.

Penny Petrie
    Camis Inc

• 3.  RE: Listening to live calls for training purposes

Posted 10-04-2021 16:16
    Hi Penny,

When you say the app needs to be installed on both computers are you referring to MS Teams? Does your staff wear headsets? I wondering how we would play audio if each agent is wearing a headset.

Shara Benson
    q.benson@alaskausa.org

• 4.  RE: Listening to live calls for training purposes

Posted 10-05-2021 08:39
    Hi Quishara,

Yes, we have MS Teams installed on both computers.  A Teams meeting is created by the "trainer" and the new hire joins the meeting.  They are both wearing headsets.  The new hire can hear and see exactly what is going on the "trainer's" computer using the meeting and desktop sharing feature.  It has been around work around for side by sides in the remote environment.  It might work with other screen sharing applications, Teams is just what our company uses and has licenses for.  If the new hire doesn't have the Teams app installed and doesn't have the license for it, they can only see the desktop and not hear the audio on the live call.

Penny Petrie
    Camis Inc

• 5.  RE: Listening to live calls for training purposes

Posted 10-05-2021 08:55
    Hello,
    Can you explain how the shadower can hear the phone call if the one taking the call is on a headset? We are using Zoom in a very similar way but the tenured rep has to have the call on speaker so the individual listening in can hear. This may be due to taking call on phone rather than through their computer but if there is a better way I am curious how it works. 

Thanks,

Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

• 6.  RE: Listening to live calls for training purposes

Posted 10-05-2021 09:08
    Hi Julie,

As long as the "host" or the trainer shares computer sounds in Teams, the new hire can hear everything.  Both people are on their own computers and wearing headsets.  And yes, we use webrtc phones not physical phones.  I don't think it would work if they were using a physical phone.

Thanks!

Penny Petrie
    Camis Inc

• 7.  RE: Listening to live calls for training purposes

GENESYS
    Posted 10-05-2021 10:21
    Hi Julie, Quishara,

For voice listen-in, perhaps you can take advantage of Genesys Cloud's call monitoring capability.  But for screen, you will need to find a 3rd-party app like MS Teams or Zoom as suggested here.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 8.  RE: Listening to live calls for training purposes

Posted 10-05-2021 16:39
    Hi Julie, ​

I tested this out and Teams does work while agents are using headsets. When you're on a Teams call and click the screen share option there is a toggle button called Include computer sound. Once you click that anyone on the Teams call can hear the conversation happening in Genesys. The nifty thing about this is that the caller can't hear anyone on the Teams call. Please see the photo I attached as a point of reference on where to find the button I mentioned.

Shara Benson
    q.benson@alaskausa.org

• 9.  RE: Listening to live calls for training purposes

Posted 10-05-2021 16:45
    This is great! Thanks for sharing. The monitoring option is perfect too for those that are using their zoom phones. Thank you for all of the ideas. :)

Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

• 10.  RE: Listening to live calls for training purposes

Posted 10-06-2021 11:07
    Thank you Quishara Benson and Penny Petrie for these great ideas!

Nathan Smith
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    ndsmith@convergeone.com

• 11.  RE: Listening to live calls for training purposes

Posted 10-06-2021 11:19
    Thank you for amazing workaround!!

Ly Lim
    Cardinal Health 5, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources