Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

MS Teams Integration

• 1.  MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-06-2021 13:17
    I have just started the Teams integration to our Dev Org.  I have enabled the free trial and enabled the Teams Integration.  I have logged into my Teams account from the Genesys Cloud UI.

A couple of questions on licensing and the MS piece.  I had our IT person make sure the Genesys Cloud Integration is installed in Teams, but when I search for users within Teams from Genesys I cannot find anyone in Teams.  I assume individual users need to to be licensed/enabled to be searchable and provide their presence.  (Wanting to confirm this piece).  

Does the presence and searchability work both ways?  Can someone on Teams search and for a Genesys Cloud User?

I did not install any SIP Trunking between Genesys Cloud and MS Teams as we don't have any plans for internal transfer of calls between the two solutions at this time.  If we want to move forward with internal calling, is an SBC required or can this be done without a hardware/virtual SBC.
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Martin Bunting
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

• 2.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-11-2021 08:29
    Good morning!

Have you found the solution to searching for Teams users from Genesys?  It sounds like I have our setup to the same place you have yours but I'm not able to see the Teams badge for users when I search.  I am able to login to Teams from Genesys.  

I have SCIM configured and working...for the most part.  I wasn't sure about the setup for the Genesys Cloud field "UserProfile.contactInfo.[0].phone_other.[0].value.number" that is shown in the documentation.  It doesn't look like the period characters preceding the brackets are valid and I'm not sure where that value needs entered.

I already had trunks setup between Genesys and our SBC.  I'm assuming I can handle the routing on our SBC for Teams calls and won't need to setup another connection to the SBC strictly for Teams.

Any help is appreciated!

Josiah Brown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 3.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-11-2021 15:30
    We are still working on it.  I was on a call this morning with Genesys re Postman and gathering the Access Token.  That is working fine now.  Some info in Postman was missing (not documented).  Once that was complete I am now able to get the Access Token.  Note.  An OAuth Token has a duration/expiry time of 86400 seconds by default (24 hours), max 172800 (48 hours), so you may have to update the Access Token every 48 hours if you are making changes.  My Teams guy has input the Token, no more errors on their side and is working to update the mappings.  Hoping to have that done by tomorrow.  I will update as we move through the process.  Thanks.

Martin Bunting

• 4.  RE: MS Teams Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 01-12-2021 07:58

@Martin Bunting, when using an access token with the SCIM user provisioning apps, you have the option to create a long lived token (450 days), following the instructions on setting up the Oauth Client for use with SCIM:  ​https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-an-oauth-client/#tab3

Specifically point 6:

Set Token Duration

Token Duration is the duration of time until tokens created with this client expire. Accept the default duration of 86,400, or enter a value between 300 and 38,880,000 seconds. This sets the lifetime of the token to a maximum of 450 days.

Note: You can only set the maximum to 38,880,000 seconds if you use the SCIM Integration role or a custom role that has the exact same permissions.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-12-2021 12:07
    Thanks Richard.  I had tried to set the Token duration to 38880000.  When I tried to change the Duration I received an error "There was an error saving the client"  I subsequently found out that SCIM can be the "Only" Role assigned to OAuth.  Once I removed the other roles I was able to enter 38880000 as a duration.  Thanks.

Martin Bunting

• 6.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-20-2021 09:37
    Hi Martin,

Can you share what the undocumented information for Postman was?  We seem to be hitting the same problem.

Thank you :-)

Kelly Lewis
    ATC IP LLC

• 7.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-21-2021 14:42
    In Postman In the Body Tab, highlight x-www-form-urlencoded I have to enter a new Key and Value.  Key: grant_type Value: client_credentials.  Once this was done I was successfully able to retrieve a Token.

Martin Bunting

• 8.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-21-2021 14:49
    Thank you!

Kelly Lewis
    ATC IP LLC

• 9.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-26-2021 13:13
    HI all,

I have a group syncing over to Genesys now.  That group contains a test set of users for the Teams integration.  These users are not Genesys agents; just other folks in our organization that we will want to transfer calls to.

What I am finding is that when they sync to the group, they are automatically getting assigned the employee role and thus a Collaborate license.  We don't really want this to happen since these are essentially just directory contacts.

Is there a way to keep the automatic role/license assignment from happening?  I don't want to have to constantly monitor this going forward to keep our tenant in compliance.

Kelly Lewis
    ATC IP LLC

• 10.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-26-2021 15:28
    I just checked under People and my Teams users were also created with Collaborate license and only an employee Role.

Martin Bunting

• 11.  RE: MS Teams Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 01-26-2021 15:55
    I looked into this and can explain what is going on.  When you use SCIM to create a new user, there is currently no way to give the Genesys Cloud SCIM endpoint information on a Genesys Cloud role.  As a result, it does not supply any roles during the user creation, resulting in assignment of the default role `employee`.  You would need a way to provide a role name on the SCIM provider mapping that maps to a Genesys Cloud role. I'll raise this as a request for enhancement.  As a workaround, if you do not have SSO setup for the tenant on Genesys Cloud and do not set their password on the newly created account, they will not be able to login and will not count against that product license.

Clifton Jones
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-27-2021 16:57
    Thanks Clifton!

We are seeing "Collaborate" not "Communicate" so I think we are all good there.

My main concern was impacting our license "compliance" but since the Collaborate don't count against us I think we are good.

Would be great if all of these contacts didn't get added as users but I can deal with it.

We aren't getting the full Teams integration yet either but we can transfer via our SBC which is half the battle. I am guessing we need to fix the mappings at this point. I will have to schedule an Azure resource on our side to do that in the next couple of days..

Kelly Lewis
    ATC IP LLC

• 13.  RE: MS Teams Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 01-26-2021 17:04
    Hi Kelly - when you say 'keep our tenant in compliance' what do you mean by that?

trey buck
    Genesys - Employees
    Senior Product Manager

• 14.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-20-2021 09:53
    Hey guys,

Have any of you been able to get the SCIM settings for Teams to work as expected?  We seem to be getting held up with populating the Genesys Cloud field "phone_other" with the Teams number when following the steps below.  Everything else seems to be working but we don't see that number in Genesys anywhere after provisioning a user.  I'm thinking that is why we aren't seeing the Teams badge on any of our contacts.

Thanks!

Josiah Brown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 15.  RE: MS Teams Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 01-20-2021 13:11
    Hi Josiah - we have seen an Azure bug where the phone number is not populated on the first sync (which is a pretty awful experience, we know).  Can you try running the sync again and see if the number populates then?

trey buck
    Genesys - Employees
    Senior Product Manager

• 16.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-20-2021 13:50
    Hi Trey - I've tried several times to sync different users but I'm not seeing that number populated anywhere else.  It shows successful....I'm assuming I should see that number in the contact info for my user, correct?

Josiah Brown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 17.  RE: MS Teams Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 01-20-2021 16:51
    A few questions/comments:

1. Are you saying that none of the numbers in the screenshot you provided sync over to GC?
    2. Have you tried resyncing the same user more than one time to double-check the Azure SCIM issue I mentioned?  Sorry, I cant tell from your response if that is the case or not.
    3. You may also want to try E.164 format to see if that helps resolve the sync issue.

trey buck
    Genesys - Employees
    Senior Product Manager

• 18.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-20-2021 17:04
    • Are you saying that none of the numbers in the screenshot you provided sync over to GC?
      • I do see the work & mobile number in GC.  I don't see the Teams number nor the other.  I had just setup the other to see if it would populate in GC.
    • Have you tried resyncing the same user more than one time to double-check the Azure SCIM issue I mentioned?  Sorry, I cant tell from your response if that is the case or not.
      • I have tried multiple times with multiple users to sync.  The mobile & work numbers and the objectID is there for Microsoft Teams.
    • You may also want to try E.164 format to see if that helps resolve the sync issue.
      • I did test a user with E.164 as well but no change.
    Maybe I'm expecting to see something that I shouldn't be?  I'm just not sure what I'm missing to see the Teams presence for the users.

Thanks for your help!

Josiah Brown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 19.  RE: MS Teams Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 01-20-2021 17:28
    It's very odd to me that some numbers are syncing, but not others.  Next idea: we have seen some issues with copying/pasting directly from the GC help site into the Azure fields (sometimes there are invisible characters).  Can you try to copy/paste the SCIM attributes into a txt file, make sure there are no unexpected characters, then repopulate the SCIM fields and sync again?

Also, remove the SCIM attribute for the "other" phone field - that is replaced by the "microsoftTeams" attribute which still populates the 'Other Phone' field in GC.  That may be causing a conflict that isnt represented in the SCIM sync output.

trey buck
    Genesys - Employees
    Senior Product Manager

• 20.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-22-2021 17:19
    Hi Trey,

I tried what you suggested above but still not seeing the 'Other Phone' field populate.  I tried it with a different user, took out the SCIM attribute I had in for other, & put in the Teams number as E.164 format.

Thanks for your help on this!

Josiah Brown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 21.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-22-2021 18:21
    Were making headway.  Our configuration does not include SIP trunks and the SBC.   We are able to sync with Teams in that Teams is able to create users in Genesys Cloud, I am able to click to call, mind you this is over the PSTN.  We are not getting the "T" Teams Logo in the image of the Teams user, and were not seeing the Presence of the Teams User updated, all Teams Users are showing as Offline.  When I receive a call and transfer to a Teams user, in the Transfer window there are Icons for GC and Teams, the Teams user shows under the GC icon but not under the Teams icon.  It is sort of there but I am not sure how much of what we are seeing is because we do not have the SIP Tie trunks between the two application.

Martin Bunting

• 22.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-25-2021 09:24
    This looks to be where I am at with our setup as well.  I do have SIP trunks tied to our SBC but not specifically for Teams right now.  I plan to setup some routing in the SBC to route the Teams calls, right now anything on those trunks is routing out to Twilio.

Are you seeing the 'other' field populate in Genesys Cloud with the Teams number?  I'm hoping that once we get that we will start seeing user presence coming across.  I'm assuming we don't need the SIP trunks for that piece.....but I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time :)

Josiah Brown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 23.  RE: MS Teams Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 01-25-2021 10:04
    The UI elements - including Teams badging, users displaying as results when searching in the Teams tab in the call transfer workflow, and showing Teams users' presence in the call transfer workflow - are triggered off the Other Phone field, more specifically the attribute 'microsoftTeams' that is populated/associated to the Other Phone field via SCIM.  Without that attribute on the field/user, the UI doesnt know the user is/should be associated with the Teams integration. 

The Teams app being installed is what enables the new tab in the call transfer workflow.  But the user results within the tab are populated by the attribute as I described above.

So we need to figure out why the attribute is not populating, though I am running out of ideas why it may not be syncing.  Have either of you opened a case with our Care team yet?

trey buck
    Genesys - Employees
    Senior Product Manager

• 24.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-25-2021 12:06
    I have a ticket opened up 0002858780 on this.   As to the fields I am getting the users Name and Title under their image, Main Email, Work Email, Work Phone, and Cell Phone.

Martin Bunting

• 25.  RE: MS Teams Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 01-25-2021 13:21

I'll add some ideas here on the most common SCIM issues WRT the MS Teams integration and how I accelerate the troubleshooting cycle.

Until the Genesys AD integration on the Azure side is updated to include the new additions to the SCIM schema, you will have to add a couple of new attributes so they can be mapped. This has turned out to be the most common issue.  Here are the 2 mappings with the 2 new attributes on the right:

objectId --> urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:genesys:purecloud:2.0:User:externalIds[authority eq "microsoftteams"].value
    telephoneNumber --> phoneNumbers[type eq "microsoftteams"].value
    We have had some issues where the copy/paste of the right-hand-side attributes results in unicode double-quotes, etc. You may want to carefully type them in by hand to make sure that text formatting is not affecting you as the Azure SCIM provider is not always helpful with its error logs.

After making a change, I usually have 1 or 2 user IDs that I immediately populate using the Provision On Demand feature.

You don't have to wait for the next sync cycle and it will show you what was supposed to go across.  Even if it says that the MS Teams number goes over, it may fail if the attribute is malformed.

I hope that this help!

Clifton Jones
    Genesys - Employees

• 26.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-28-2021 13:32
    I updated my mapping attributes as below and now seeing the Teams badging.  This is great.  

objectId --> urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:genesys:purecloud:2.0:User:externalIds[authority eq "microsoftteams"].value

As far as presence goes. Directory > My Organization I see all my users GC and Team users but the Teams users are all showing Offline.  If I search for a user in the top right search field I can find a teams user but again showing Offline.

If I accept a call and select transfer I have available GC and Teams Icons to select from.  If I select GC the users show offline.  If I select Teams the user is showing their correct status Online and a Green circle around their image.  That part is great but I would like to be able to view their presence under Dire
    ctory and in searching for a user.  Thoughts?

Martin Bunting

• 27.  RE: MS Teams Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 01-28-2021 13:59
    You've got it working!!! That is the expected behavior for the time being.  We are looking into extending the Teams presence into the rest of the app, but we have some work to do internally to make that possible.  Also, Teams does not have the ability to consume/replace their status with any external system either, so both platforms have work to do to get a full, bidirectional presence sync.

Note that you can search in the call transfer dialog by name but also other attributes like Department, which means its possible to setup the Directory in such a way to get relevant results in the call transfer dialog (with Teams presence on the Teams tab).

Great work!

trey buck
    Genesys - Employees
    Senior Product Manager

• 28.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-28-2021 14:10
    I will wait for any new updates and enhancements.   I believe I saw on the road map that Chat is down the road.   Currently when I test out chatting between applications this does not work.   I am willing to Beta test anything new coming up.  Thanks.

Martin Bunting

• 29.  RE: MS Teams Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 01-28-2021 14:29
    Thanks for the support and feedback!  Yes, we're looking into chat but similar to presence requires work on both platforms.  We will be communicating further as we make progress.

trey buck
    Genesys - Employees
    Senior Product Manager

• 30.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-29-2021 11:39
    Clifton I updated our Attribute Mapping as below.  Is there any other that you would recommend configuring for the Teams Integration.  I see there are several that are not required (optional) but wondering if there are some of the Directory fields that would be useful.   

Trey I am finding that there are random Teams users are showing their status when I select Directory > My Organization.   There does not appear to be any particular reason that I can tell why some users are showing their correct status and other not?

Martin Bunting

• 31.  RE: MS Teams Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 02-01-2021 09:16
    This documentation link lists the common mappings that you may be interested in using:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-azure-active-directory-for-genesys-cloud-scim-identity-management/

Clifton Jones
    Genesys - Employees

• 32.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-27-2021 23:13
    Edited by Tatjana Knezevic 01-28-2021 13:21

Hi @trey buck,

Are the UI elements: Team badging and presence triggered off the same Other Phone field? Below is our current configuration in Azure AD, and we do have Team badging while we don't have the Presence. The MS Teams users are shown as Offline. Are there additional phone fields we should include in the Azure configuration to trigger off the Presence? Can you please provide an example? 

Azure Attribute mapping: 

Directory (to see the Badge and Presence): 

Thanks,
    Tatjana

Tatjana Knezevic
    Star Telecom

• 33.  RE: MS Teams Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 01-28-2021 14:02
    Hi Tatjana - that is the expected behavior for now.  Take a look at Martin's post above and my reply.  Can you (1) ensure the user is logged into the Teams app in GC External Apps and then (2) check the call transfer workflow with the Teams tab for Teams users' presence?

trey buck
    Genesys - Employees
    Senior Product Manager

• 34.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-28-2021 14:56
    @trey buck

My previous message even though posted last night was moved down in the thread (probably because I edited - adding mention :-)). ​
    Yes, I can see the Presence in the call transfer workflow:

We didn't know about this "limitation" or this was expected behavior. 

Interesting enough, after we made the first transfer attempt and then tried to place a call via Communicate we are able to see the Presence :-)  As soon as we go to Directory, the Presence resets and again we get Offline only. 

Thanks,
    Tatjana

Tatjana Knezevic
    Star Telecom

• 35.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-28-2021 17:08
    I am showing Random Teams users that their status is showing up.  Not sure why at this time but looking into it.

Martin Bunting

• 36.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-29-2021 12:24
    Hi Martin,

We noticed the same and concluded random refresh is related to what UI elements were refreshed when Transfer workflow is invoked. For example, we had our Directory page open at the same time when called Transfer workflow. The Presence for all MS Teams was displayed (see below)

Thanks,

Tatjana Knezevic
    Star Telecom

• 37.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-29-2021 12:59
    Weird.  I get the same.

Martin Bunting

• 38.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 01-29-2021 13:14
    Agree. With this Integration, we had so many weird and odd things. Glad, we got it working! 

Thanks,

Tatjana Knezevic
    Star Telecom

• 39.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 08-05-2022 22:04
    One other weird thing if someone can help explain. In the Genesys Cloud for Salesforce Embedded Client , we would like to see the Teams badge on transfer to a teams user but do not see one. Why could this be? Has anyone used the salesforce embedded client as part of their integration with Teams? Whatever was said above works in the standalone genesys cloud interface as expected. Also does presence show in the embedded client. Are there any special tweaks that need to be done in Salesforce itself for it to work?
    The image is a transfer to
    Presence of Teams user showing in Standalone client

Bharat Rudrakshala
    ESRI

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources