Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Exporting Data

Posted 01-07-2021 11:13
    We consider ourselves a small call center taking about 15,000 call per month. We have been attempting to export a full years worth of queue performance information and the export fails. Support suggested rather than trying to pull a full year, do it in small time periods.

With smaller time periods I get mixed results. I have tried just Jan 2020 and once it failed but the next time I tried it was successful.
    when exporting calls for a 3 or 6month period I get the same results sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Any tips or suggestions on how was can get a full year of data?

Is it just me but I find this difficult to believe that I'm unable to export a full year.

Thanks
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Ben Marthin
    Vehicle Service Group, LLC
    Genesys Cloud Go Live: 7/2019

• 2.  RE: Exporting Data

GENESYS
    Posted 01-08-2021 08:37
    Ben - can you tell me if you are trying to export this data directly via the UI or are you using our /jobs endpoint to extract the data via the API?  I'm assuming its the former so I'll ask a few other questions:

1. When you say the export fails - what does that mean?  Does the file never generate?  Do you get an empty file?  Are there any errors presented to you in the UI?
    2. Are you attempting to export ALL columns of just a specific subset of columns?  
    3. Could you provide a screenshot of the export settings you are trying to use?
    4. Are you doing anything to your interactions that would greatly increase the amount of data attached to them?  Any extra participant data being added or anything like that from the flows or an agent script?
    As you pointed out - 15K calls per month is not all that substantial, however the amount of data generated under the hood is still not trivial and, as support points out, breaking the export into smaller batches is best practice.  That said - I don't think I'd expect any of these to fail.  

If you can provide some answers we can try to get to the bottom of this and we can make sure support is looped in to help along the way.

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 3.  RE: Exporting Data

Posted 01-12-2021 14:31
      |   view attached
    Chris,

Thanks for the response. I have been swamped with other things and was not able to respond earlier.

1) Yes we are attempting to run the reports using the UI
    When it fails, I receive a notification in my inbox. It has a red triangle with an exclamation mark. When you hover over it, it states  "Export Failed"
    2) No we are we are attempting to export all columns.
    4) We are fairly plain vanilla with our flows in my opinion. However we do capture some data on our Self Service flows and while they have been remarked out, we do also have Salesforce screen pop.

Based on your response I have attempted a few things with hopes that it would export successfully. Have filtered to only include inbound  and initial direction inbound calls and removed several of the columns and they continue to fail.

I have uploaded a word document with a screen shot and included a few of the export ID of the failed exports.

Best Regards,

Ben Marthin
    Vehicle Service Group, LLC
    Genesys Cloud Go Live: 7/2019

Attachment(s)

docx
    Genesys Data Export.docx   127 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Exporting Data

GENESYS
    Posted 01-22-2021 08:53

Ben - I spoke directly Development about this and they encouraged me to push you to Care.  There is no reason you should not be able to get a years worth of data as we have substantially larger clients (in terms of interaction volume and agents) that do this successfully.  I would suggest getting screenshots of any alerts you get and supplying the empty file for them to investigate.

Please feel free to keep me in the loop.  You can email me directly (chris.bohlin@genesys.com) or just keep posting here in the community.

thanks,
    Chris

Chris Bohlin

• 5.  RE: Exporting Data

Posted 02-15-2021 10:58
    Hi Chris,

We are also facing the issue with export data, when the user try to download the from the application he is not getting the option.
    If the user try from web version its is working fine, what could be the issue? we tried all possible options, version is up to date.
    Regards,
    Santhosh Koroth

Santhosh Koroth
    Cognizant Technology Solutions

• 6.  RE: Exporting Data

GENESYS
    Posted 02-16-2021 09:49
    Santhosh - I'm not familiar with this type of error.  The fact that its working in the web UI and not in the desktop version is strange.  I'd encourage you to open a ticket with care on this and provide them with appropriate data to troubleshoot including:

• Specific Export details Including:
      • Export Source (name of view you are trying to export)
      • Data range
    • User information and associated roles
    Thanks,
    Chris

Chris Bohlin

• 7.  RE: Exporting Data

Posted 06-01-2021 16:35
    Hi Santhosh

Did you happen to get a solution for this? We have recently run into the same problem. We have one user who is unable to download the exports from the App, but works fine in a browser. I have just been googling the issue before i log it and came across your post.

Thanks

Naveed Dean
    NZ Transport Agency

• 8.  RE: Exporting Data

Posted 01-19-2021 10:23
    Have you tried pulling the data by month?  That is the only way that I have been able to successfully pull a complete CSV export.  Also, I found that if you try to pull one that includes the current (and sometimes even previous) day, it will fail as the export will not be complete (fails with incomplete data).

Brenda Wynne
    Alcon Vision LLC

• 9.  RE: Exporting Data

Posted 02-16-2021 11:41
    Brenda if you're interested in why you're running in issues with the incomplete data here's a page I found helpful.

"Exporting from Interactions views only exports historical data, typically > 1 day old. When you filter by date, such as Today and Yesterday, due to the source and volume of Interactions data, there might be a difference between what is shown in the view and what is exported. If there is a difference, you will receive a partial result indication, and the file shows the partial result date and time, including the most recent available transaction. A partial file is not run again. A partial export only includes data that is greater than one day old." https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/export-view-data/

I believe this is something that they may improve in the future.

• 10.  RE: Exporting Data

Posted 04-19-2021 10:09
    Hi Ben, 
    Agree with Chris and his comments. The Genesys Cloud API's are fantastic. We extract raw data in a readable format stored in an Azure instance with a direct URL for easy access for a number of Genesys Cloud clients using the API's no issues, the clients then use the URL to extract into any BI platform accepting URLs, or export into other apps like excel etc. Your totals should not be an issue. 
    Kind Regards

warren beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources