Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Unpairing Edge mini

Posted 09-28-2020 11:19
    Hi,

we unpaired an Edge mini calling the API /api/v2/telephony/providers/edges/{edgeId}/unpair and now it is in a state "Awaiting verification code confirmation". The LCD is connected and showing the verification mode.
    How can I confirm the verification code?
    The Edge is not connected to the Cloud anymore therefore I cannot input any verification code.

This procedure is not documented in the Resource Center, has anyone faced this in the past?

Any contribution would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Regards
    Giovanni
    #Implementation
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Giovanni Laino
    Lutech S.p.A.

• 2.  RE: Unpairing Edge mini

GENESYS
    Posted 09-28-2020 13:17
    Hello Giovanni,

Just so I am sure, what was your goal by unpairing?  After the unpairing, were you planning to use the Edge in this same org or in a different org?  Was the Edge connected to the cloud when you ran the "unpair" API?

If you goal was to delete the Edge from the org, you should be able to delete the Edge from the UI when it is in the provisioning "Awaiting verification code" step.  If the Edge was not connected to the cloud when you ran the unpair API, there is a separate step to remove the configuration from the Edge device via the LCD (Factory Service -> Unpair Edge from Genesys Cloud).

Phil Whitener
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Unpairing Edge mini

Posted 09-28-2020 17:55
    Hi Phil,

we needed to temporarily use an Edge mini in the customer's org (the Edge is originally from our internal lab's org) because they haven't finished yet the network preparation but they were trying to progress the project anyway.
    Therefore we proposed them to unpair our lab's Edge from our org and pair it to their org and then revert back when the network is ready so they can pair their own Edges.
    So my goal is to delete the Edge from our org, in this way I can pair it in the customer's org.
    The Edge was connected to the cloud when I ran the unpair API, however I just found out that running a delete API I was able to delete the Edge and then pair it against the customer's org.

Thanks
    Regards
    Giovanni

Giovanni Laino
    Lutech S.p.A.

• 4.  RE: Unpairing Edge mini

GENESYS
    Posted 09-28-2020 18:00
    Thank you for the details.  Just so I am clear, you are good now?

Phil Whitener
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Unpairing Edge mini

Posted 09-29-2020 04:11
    Hi Phil,

yes, all good now.
    Just to summarize for the other members: with the Edge online you need just to launch two API calls, the first one to the unpair API and the second one to the delete Edge API.
    Then the pairing ID of the Edge becomes available for the pairing against a different org.
    What I saw is that the LAN network configurations are preserved (only the WAN needs to be set up again in the pairing process). Also you need to recreate the trunk configurations (both external or phone trunks).

Thanks
    Regards
    Giovanni

Giovanni Laino
    Lutech S.p.A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources