Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  System Outage Alerts

Posted 01-19-2022 14:29
    Good day, 

besides Status.Mypurecloud.com, 

Are there any suggestions to API's that we can use to get more granular alerts when services are down?

We are subscribed Status.mypurecloud.com however, our business has been noticing the outages before issues are posted. I'm looking for a way to be more proactive in catching issues and giving our business a heads up.

I do realize that with microservices, it's a complicated answer. 

Please let me know your thoughts and if you have any suggestions. 

Thanks.
    #Security
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    David Moschioni
    Individual Only Contact Account

• 2.  RE: System Outage Alerts

Posted 01-19-2022 14:54
    Hi David

You're spot on with the comment about microservices.  I suspect in most cases people at Genesys make a judgement call as to whether to even bother posting some things onto the status website.  We've had a few issues that were eventually confirmed to be wider spread but they never showed up on there, or if they did, it was only mentioned in other regions.  It sometimes also relies on multiple customers reporting an issue to Genesys before it eventually gets flagged as a higher/critical issue that ends up on the status page.

There is a Genesys PS offering via AppFoundry for some monitoring stuff which probably only looks into things like Edge or trunk performance/resource.  There are some other third party products that can do some really cool stuff like dialing into your IVR/queues at scheduled times and validate the functionality/experience which will map your IVR but also flag where things don't route/sound as they're supposed to.  That could potentially then be used to raise an alert to a customer/partner.  In my own experience quite often our first indication of an issue is when customers report it to an agent and that eventually trickles it's way through the chain to get to us.  That can take several hours.  We often also find that it's this process that ends up being the first indication of a problem elsewhere in a customer's environment (network, CRM etc).  So having something like that monitoring tool or another discovery/tester product might help you.

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: System Outage Alerts

Posted 01-20-2022 11:39
    Great post David! I would be highly interested in finding a solution for this also. Hopefully a API or something readily available.

Jean Lam
    Bridgecrest Acceptance Corporation

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources