Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Front End Messages (FEM) - to announce IT outages

Posted 01-24-2022 19:35
    Sorry new here.  This is a function that we had in our 10 year old system and I am being told it can't be done.

I manage an IT Service Desk.  I would like functionality that allows the Supervisor of the service desk to put a front end message (FEM) - a message that plays before anyone gets to the queue to let people know that we have a major incident that is affecting a particular service and we know about it.  That way people can hang up if they are reporting that problem or send them to a portal where they can create a "me too" incident ticket.

Is there a way to allow this?  Obviously we don't want them to be able to change any other call flow.  Just add a message, and be able to remove it when the incident is fixed.

I couldn't find anything in the documentation, but I think my terminology is old:)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Shane Passmore
    Maximus Canada Services Inc.

• 2.  RE: Front End Messages (FEM) - to announce IT outages

Posted 01-25-2022 02:30
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 01-26-2022 13:54
    Hi Shane

Not natively, but what most people do is add a find user prompt function near the start of your flow, followed by playing that prompt out.  That way your business just needs to re-record that prompt as required through the browser, upload a new file recorded externally.

Another way of doing it is have a data table lookup near the start of your flow, and have a row in your data table that has a text field where someone can type out the message to be played.  You could also have a swith/boolean option there to turn it on/off and check that in your flow too.  Then have that read out using TTS in your flow.

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: Front End Messages (FEM) - to announce IT outages

Posted 01-26-2022 04:04
    how about adding a switch and controlling it with a data table

Andy Jackson
    Ten Lifestyle Management Limited

• 4.  RE: Front End Messages (FEM) - to announce IT outages

GENESYS
    Posted 01-25-2022 09:51
    Check out https://community.genesys.com/digestviewer29/viewthread?GroupId=19&MessageKey=deeced6b-33e8-4bf8-8316-9762023d9158&CommunityKey=bab95e9c-6bbe-4a13-8ade-8ec0faf733d4&tab=digestviewer

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources