Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Branch Routing Challenge

Posted 02-17-2021 16:58
    Hi Folks,

I have a routing design issue that I could do with some input on.

Our clients are looking to route calls to a queue which is serviced by users that are geographically dispersed, the idea is to have calls target a queue but identify users that are 'local' to the calls origin, say London via their ANI. Should there be no agents in the London office available, the call would then route to anybody in the UK. 

I had thought of creating skills that could be used to identify a users local office then simply drop that skill in an in-queue-flow to target any user in the queue however it seems this feature is not available yet. Re-queueing to ACD without the skill seems to be my only option but this screws up the MI potentially showing as 2 ACD calls to the same queue. Bullseye routing also misses the mark as it only allows for a named skill to be dropped and my use case could see that being variable based on the callers location.

Any ideas how I might tackle this? I'm aware of a feature request that could address this and i've done the needful via the Ideas lab but i'm hoping i may have missed an obvious design that tackles this?

Any help is appreciated.

G
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Gordon Bell
    Sabio Group Ltd

• 2.  RE: Branch Routing Challenge

Posted 02-19-2021 11:54
    I don't know of any solution (other than the one you mentioned of an overflow Queue) but just wanted to add that my company has a similar use case and would benefit from this functionality.  

It would be nice if there was a Queue Evaluation Method that targeted specified skill initially and then expanded to anyone with the queue assigned but without the specified skill.

Mark Cockrell
    Ferguson Enterprises LLC

• 3.  RE: Branch Routing Challenge

GENESYS
    Posted 02-23-2021 16:27
    Hi Gordon & Mark,

You might be able to use a Genesys Cloud Data Action prior to calling the Transfer to ACD block in order to implement a Queue Evaluation method as Mark describes.  The Platform API has a GET /api/v2/routing/queues/{QueueID}/members request that will return a list of members in the queue with the specified criteria.  This is the same API used by the performance dashboards for a supervisor to monitor and filter agents that are in queues and it can be called from a Data Action from within Architect.

For instance, if I call the item below it will give me a list and/or count of agents that are on queue and idle (waiting for an interaction) and have the 'London' skill.

GET /api/v2/routing/queues/264ce314-37b0-4f14-ba8c-521d827043b5/members?skills=London&routingStatus=IDLE&presence=On%20Queue

If there are no available agents with the London skill then  you could change it to the UK skill and check again.  Once you find a skill that has available agents then you can Transfer to ACD to get the call to an appropriately skills agent.

It would be great if there was a built-in function in an In Queue Callflow to do this, but I don't believe that skill changes are re-evalutated until the call leaves the queue and re-enters, but that does mess with the count of calls that enter the queue.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 4.  RE: Branch Routing Challenge

Posted 03-03-2021 10:24
    Thanks Jim,

This is a great help. Really appreciate your input. I'll play around with the custom action to see if it gets me closer to the interm solution until we get an update on the features request.

G

Gordon Bell
    Sabio Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources