Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Loop Iteration

Posted 07-13-2020 08:48

Hi,

Is there a way to make a loop in "in-queue call flow" loop indefinitely until a call is answered by an agent instead of providing a fixed count value?

Thank you.

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Christopher Carr
    IP Integration

• 2.  RE: Loop Iteration

GENESYS
    Posted 07-13-2020 09:10
    The in-queue flow's task is already an infinite loop.  It repeats forever, until an agent picks up the call.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Loop Iteration

Posted 07-13-2020 09:23
    Thanks, Melissa,

I have created a loop as per my image attached. I need this loop to iterate until it is answered is this possible? 
    Thank you.

Christopher Carr
    IP Integration

• 4.  RE: Loop Iteration
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 07-13-2020 09:26
    The loop action is unnecessary.  Take it out and leave the other actions.  They will repeat until the call is answered

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Loop Iteration

Posted 07-13-2020 11:55
    Thank you very much!

Christopher Carr
    IP Integration

• 6.  RE: Loop Iteration

Posted 07-29-2021 14:01
    While you are correct, the In Queue is it's own infinite loop, there are plenty of circumstance where you might want only a portion of the in queue flow to do an infinite loop (i.e. announce position in queue to start flow, then MOH, then other stuff, if the queue has priority calls coming in, you might not want to repeat the position in queue announcement as no caller want to hear their place in line went up).  Prior to the recent changes in loop behavior, we could create an infinite loop by adding an Update Data step before the next loop that reset the value of the loop counter variable.  Worked great in the past, but is currently broke.  If you add an Update Data step inside you loop that update the variable used for the loop counter, the flow errors out.  You can still work around this to some extent by creating an integer variable (like Task.GiantLoop) and assigning it a value, then in your loop step, change your Maximum Loop Count to an expression and use your new variable.  With this method, the highest value you can use is 1162.

As a very basic example, this will fail
    While this will loop through 1,162 times

Michael Steinke
    Inflow Communications

• 7.  RE: Loop Iteration

GENESYS
    Posted 07-29-2021 17:03
    The Play Position In Queue and Play Estimated Wait Time actions will never report an increase in piq/ewt.  If it goes up, they just repeat the last value.  B/c you're right, that would make callers mad.

If I wanted to do something only once, I'd create a boolean variable with the initial value set to true, and my 1st action would be a decision checking its value.  If true, play the PIQ & such, then set the variable to false.  Put the other stuff you want to do each iteration in the false path.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Loop Iteration

Posted 07-29-2021 20:10
    That is good to hear, and thank you for the work around suggestion, though I still prefer having the ability to control loops as I see fit.  I do have a ticket with support for the "used to work, now not so much" bit.

Michael Steinke
    Inflow Communications

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources