Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Transfer from Flow to Flow

Posted 11-22-2021 17:06
    I'm looking for a way to identify calls that were transferred from one flow to another. Specifically, in the routing of a given flow (let's say Flow A), I want to identify those calls that were transferred there by another flow (Flow B) to distinguish them from calls that arrived directly in that flow. The specific use case is that calls that arrive directly in Flow A need to hear a set of phrases whereas calls transferred to Flow A from Flow B do not, so I want to control the routing based on whether or not they were transferred. Like this:

Call comes directly into Flow A: Play Audio; Jump to Reusable Task 1, etc
    Call comes into Flow B and is transferred to Flow A: Jump to Reusable Task 1, etc

Ultimately all calls to Flow A should be treated the same/go through the same tasks, etc, before routing to queue. I would strongly prefer to keep all calls in Flow A, rather than inserting those tasks directly into Flow B or creating a separate flow for the transferred calls with only those tasks. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Solutions, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Transfer from Flow to Flow

Posted 11-22-2021 18:40
    You could use SetParticipantData in Flow B to create a flag that indicates it has passed through Flow B. In Flow A you use GetParticipantData to test for that flag.

Should work :-)

• 3.  RE: Transfer from Flow to Flow

Posted 11-24-2021 11:39
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give that try

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Solutions, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources