Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

chat / predicitive engagement demo with chrome demo extension or tampermonkey

• 1.  chat / predicitive engagement demo with chrome demo extension or tampermonkey

Posted 01-19-2021 11:14
    Hi community,

Did anyone have any luck giving a customer demo with the chrome genesys demo extension (on top of the customer website) using your OWN org (not the genesys demo org)?

I have an org located in Frankfurt and I'm trying to use the extension, but no luck so far. I must be missing something. It is working fine when using the genesys demo org but doesn't work using my own org in Frankfurt.

As a bonus, maybe someone has experience using tampermonkey and has some scripts or insights to share?

Much appreciated.

#DigitalChannels
    #Implementation
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Tommy Braes
    Consultant Professional Services
    Proximus PLC

• 2.  RE: chat / predicitive engagement demo with chrome demo extension or tampermonkey

Posted 01-20-2021 10:53
    We use it all the time (both the Chrome and TamperMonkey versions) with our own ORG in US-East.  Try the Chrome extension first as it is easier to setup.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: chat / predicitive engagement demo with chrome demo extension or tampermonkey

GENESYS
    Posted 01-20-2021 12:06
    Hello Tommy, 

Did you configure the correct URL related to your org, https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-the-genesys-cloud-browser-extensions/

And for your bonus, i can share with you a chat script to simulate a genesys cloud chat button on any website.

Gurwan Duplenne
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: chat / predicitive engagement demo with chrome demo extension or tampermonkey

Posted 01-20-2021 14:44
    @Robert Wakefield-Carl I tried the chrome extension first. When connecting to the purecloudnow demo environment, I can do chats, callbacks. predicitve engagement is also working fine.

But when I connect to my eu-central-1 based org, the behaviour is erratic. Sometimes chat/callback will work, sometimes it doesn't. Not really suitable for demo purposes. predicitve engagement also doesn't seem to work.

@Gurwan Duplenne, I was referring to the Genesys Demo Extension, not the Genesys chrome extension you mention above. I would be very interested in the chat script you can share.​​

Many thanks for your input!

Tommy Braes
    Consultant Professional Services
    Proximus PLC

• 5.  RE: chat / predicitive engagement demo with chrome demo extension or tampermonkey

GENESYS
    Posted 01-21-2021 03:17
    Hello Tommy, 

ok sorry for this misunderstanding, so please find the tampermonkey script for chat,
     replace all data between <> with your inputs. 

https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/GENESYS/UploadedImages/9663006a-7b96-42d8-8ecd-84f746b4a9cc/TamperMonkeyScript_Chat.txt

Gurwan Duplenne
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: chat / predicitive engagement demo with chrome demo extension or tampermonkey

Posted 10-07-2021 11:36
    Hi, 

Sorry to jump in on this conversation. @Gurwan Duplenne I was wondering if you could share the code to run a chat button on a website​ using TamperMonkey. If you could share the steps to configure it and run it that would be great. I am looking to test Genesys web messenger and this would help. Thank you.

Jaime Perez
    The Avon Company

• 7.  RE: chat / predicitive engagement demo with chrome demo extension or tampermonkey

GENESYS
    Posted 10-12-2021 03:26

Hello Jaime,

Please find attached the script I use when I do some demo.

Update it with your <region>, <orgUId>, and <deploymentKey>. It implies that all pre-requisites done on GC of course.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-a-widget-for-web-chat/

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-co-browse/ is used of course. If not delete cobrowse section in the script.

To use the script :

1. Install Tampermonkey
    2. Open it and click add script tab (icon with + symbol)
    3. Paste the source into the script window and hit save
    4. Then open your website, the one you set in @match tag.
    5. Voilà !

sidebar & need help panel should now appear on your website

Hope it helps !

Regards,

Gurwan DUPLENNE

Professional Services

Upcoming Out-Of-Office:

PTO :

Business Travel:

• 8.  RE: chat / predicitive engagement demo with chrome demo extension or tampermonkey

Posted 10-12-2021 08:31
    Hi @Gurwan Duplenne,

Thanks for sending the steps. However, I couldn't find an attachment. Do you mind emailing it to me​? Jaime.Perez@avonsa.com

Thank you.

Jaime Perez
    The Avon Company

• 9.  RE: chat / predicitive engagement demo with chrome demo extension or tampermonkey

GENESYS
    Posted 10-12-2021 08:36
    Mail just sent on your inbox. Enjoy
    Gurwan

Gurwan Duplenne
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: chat / predicitive engagement demo with chrome demo extension or tampermonkey

Posted 10-12-2021 08:43
    @Gurwan Duplenne, my bad! I have a typo in my email address Jaime.Perez@avonusa.com. Can you please resend it? Sorry!​

Jaime Perez
    The Avon Company

• 11.  RE: chat / predicitive engagement demo with chrome demo extension or tampermonkey

Posted 10-12-2021 13:39
    @Gurwan Duplenne, sorry for the spam. Can you resend to the correct email address, Jaime.Perez@avonusa.com? I inadvertently mistyped it previously. Thanks! ​

Jaime Perez
    The Avon Company

• 12.  RE: chat / predicitive engagement demo with chrome demo extension or tampermonkey

GENESYS
    Posted 09-08-2022 03:31

Hello Jaime, 

Sorry for delay, if you want to implement web callback, i'd recommand you to have a lookt here

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/schedule-callbacks-from-a-website/

Hope it helps

Gurwan Duplenne
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources