Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Callbacks

Posted 08-16-2021 14:59
    Hello Community,

I'm curious how customers are using the callback feature. This would be new functionality in my organization.
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Shara Benson
    Senior User Experience Analyst
    Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
    q.benson@alaskausa.org

• 2.  RE: Callbacks

Posted 08-17-2021 03:35
    Hi Quishara -

The idea of the 'Callback' is to allow the Caller to maintain their position in the Queue without waiting on the phone, and not needing to leave a message. Operationally, Voicemail is the same, but allows the Caller to leave a message (both referred to as a 'flow out' in Architect and reporting terms).

Our customers normally opt for the 'Voicemail' option.

A couple of things to be aware of ...
    1. regardless of which you choose, remember that these 'calls' will end up in the Queue after hours, so the first Agent in the next morning may get swamped
    2. if the call is from a 'private' number you will need to add some code in Architect to prompt the Caller for a valid callback number.

There are a couple of options for Issue #1:
    1. send the After Hours calls to a dedicated Callback Queue; Agents can then Activate the next day during quiet times.
    2. send the call to a 'Group' Voicemail​

Hope this helps :)

Thanks and regards,
    Malcolm Green
    Senior Contact Centre Engineer
    Nexon Asia Pacific
    malcolm.green@nexon.com.au

• 3.  RE: Callbacks

Posted 02-18-2022 17:41
    Edited by James Starling 02-18-2022 17:41
    Good afternoon,

I am receiving questions on how to calculate the numbers of interactions for a queue with call back activated.  Specifically, how to balance the interactions received against the interactions answered, abandoned, flow-out to other queue, voice mail, or call back request. Also, how to review all call back interactions or voice mail interactions that were presented to the queue and how to quickly verify that all interactions were responded to appropriately. Is this something that is easily available out of the box or is something more custom required?  Please point us in the right direction.

Thank you,

James Starling
    Consumer Lending Process Development Manager
    Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
    j.starling@alaskausa.org
    Anchorage, AK

• 4.  RE: Callbacks

Posted 09-19-2023 14:40

We put in a schedule check so that callback offerings aren't even heard.  That way no calls the next day and only during our operating hours.

Patrice West
    Interstate Gas Supply, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Callbacks

Posted 12-03-2021 15:09
    We are testing it for one of our divisions.  They want to offer callback feature WITHOUT the option to leave a message.  I downloaded the InQueue Callback example from Genesys - but it is not working for non US numbers (or if more than 10 digits).  I also found that if the caller presses 2 to request the callback to another number - the call gets disconnected - so I don't think their example actually works.  Just FYI

Brenda Wynne
    Alcon Vision LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources