Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Impact of renaming a queue?

Posted 10-05-2020 01:13
    What's the impact of renaming a queue?  Given most things I imagine would refer to it by ID instead of name what impact would there be to:

• Call flows
    • Saved views
    • Reports
    • Planning Groups in WFM\
    • etc

I'm guessing only places you refer to it by the name, such as maybe in a script are what you'd need to update.
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: Impact of renaming a queue?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-05-2020 09:35
    In flows, if you use the Find Queue action or FindQueue expression they will fail until you update & re-publish the flow.  Any other place you use a queue will not be affected b/c it's actually using the queue's id instead of name; we just display the name to you so you don't have to recognize 32 random characters.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Impact of renaming a queue?

Posted 10-05-2020 17:14
    Thanks Melissa, I assume the FindQueue will be fine if you're passing in a variable to it instead of a hard queue name?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: Impact of renaming a queue?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-05-2020 17:20
    Only if you update that variable to have the new queue name.  FindQueue does search by name.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Impact of renaming a queue?

Posted 10-06-2020 10:59
    Where we have used Genesys Cloud's "canned" reports, the report query followed the new queue name without the need to update the query, but the report continued to display the old queue name.

Bruce Lambert
    Bright Horizons Family Solutions LLC

• 6.  RE: Impact of renaming a queue?

Posted 01-24-2021 15:24
    Looks like planning groups still display the old queue name.  But I don't know if that's only a display issue but it still correctly uses the underlying queue/ID.  What's been the experience of you all in WFM when queues and/or skill names have changed?   Knowing that you can't actually change a skill name - so that's a slightly different scenario.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 7.  RE: Impact of renaming a queue?

Posted 01-25-2021 04:07
    The Queues inside a planning group should show the correct name and this has been the case form my tests. However the Planning Group name is not changed as it does not directly relate to a queue. When Planning Groups were introduced the migration process created a planning group per combination of queue, skills and media type as a one time activity. This means if you are using Groups with queue names in them they may require a manual update.

Richard Chandler
    Conn3ct

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources