Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Using Input Variable in Script with Architect Set Participant Data

Posted 05-14-2021 23:58
    This is probably going to be the most simple thing - but I cannot figure out how to display an Attribute from Architect in 'Set Participant Data' to show in Scripter.

(Yes I've seen https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/script-input-output-variables/ which says "The Input property indicates whether this variable's value can be set by an outside source, such as an Architect call flow." - but doesn't explain how to set this from an Architect call flow.)

In the Script I've created Variable 'IVRInfo' with the Input set to Yes, and within Architect I've used the 'Set Participant Data' step to set an attribute called 'IVRInfo' with the data I want.

However when the Script runs, it's not getting the data.

What am I missing?
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Jeff

• 2.  RE: Using Input Variable in Script with Architect Set Participant Data

Posted 05-15-2021 03:09
    What variable type are you using on both sides?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Using Input Variable in Script with Architect Set Participant Data

Posted 05-15-2021 03:16
    String variable on both ends (not a dynamic in Scripts either).

Jeff

• 4.  RE: Using Input Variable in Script with Architect Set Participant Data

Posted 05-17-2021 09:20
    In the script, define your variables to receive as 'Input' in the Page Properties (sounds like you've done this).
    Publish the script.
    In the Inbound Flow, in a task, select the 'Set Screen Pop' step, place it logically before the Transfer to ACD.
    In Set Screen Pop, choose the script you just published.
    There will be a set of Input parameters exposed, you can assign your data to each Input variable exposed in the script.
    This data can be any data element available to you in the Inbound Flow, Call., Task., Flow. 
    You don't need to use Set Participant Data to get the data to the script, but if you need it for other purposes on the conversation, you can leave the step you have in place. 
    Save, Publish and Test.  The data will now be available in the Script.

Hope this helps.

Paul Reininger
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources