Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Formatted Canned Respones

Posted 11-26-2020 09:35

Hi All,

As my Subject may foreshadow the topic:

Is it possible to use formatted text, html script or custome signatures in canned responses? I did not found anything detailed about this topic in the documentation.

For Example if I want to send advertisement banners etc within a mail.

Best Regards

#Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Florian Pickert
    T-Systems Multimedia Solutions GmbH

• 2.  RE: Formatted Canned Respones

Posted 12-07-2020 08:25
    Hi,

I created a workaround to do this but it has its drawbacks. I'll describe it and if you are interested, I can share more details here.

1. Because you can use HTML in the inbound flow, in the inbound flow, I create an HTML template and assign it to a variable. (e.g. flow.template1)
    2. I use Set Participant data to "attach" that template to the call. (e.g., Attribute Name: replyTemplate1, Value: flow.template1) - NOTE: You can combine steps 1 and 2 together but I use the template to send an auto reply, so I store it in a variable).
    3. In my Canned Response(s), I use the substitution functionality and insert the Participant Data attribute. (e.g. {{replyTemplate1}})
    A couple of drawbacks to this:
    • In order to create or update the template, a user must have Architect permissions and edit the flow or, I just had a thought that you could store the HTML in a Data Table but I am not sure whether there is a limit to the number of characters allowed.
    • Same point as the above, you cannot edit the template in Genesys Cloud Canned Responses.
    • You cannot view the template in Canned Responses until you are attached to an interaction that uses that flow that creates the content for the template.
    • You need to create, edit, and validate your HTML in an editor outside of Genesys Cloud.

Let me know if you would like additional details.

Dan Fontaine
    Altivon - a ConvergeOne Company

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources